any single parents or divorced parents with custody of kids?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

any single parents or divorced parents with custody of kids?

Postby xvirusga » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:07 pm

Just want to check if there are any single custodial parents or divorced parents in this forum?

xvirusga
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: any single parents or divorced parents with custody of k

Postby ej_mum » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:15 pm

xvirusga wrote:Just want to check if there are any single custodial parents or divorced parents in this forum?

hihi, i have fren who is a divorced mum... May i know y r u askin?? hehe...

ej_mum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: any single parents or divorced parents with custody of k

Postby xvirusga » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:21 pm

ej_mum wrote:
xvirusga wrote:Just want to check if there are any single custodial parents or divorced parents in this forum?

hihi, i have fren who is a divorced mum... May i know y r u askin?? hehe...

well, single or divorced custodial parents are another group of parents that walk a different path compared to their peers and hence experience a different set of problems who has to be the super-mums/ super-dads to their children.

xvirusga
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby mintcc » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:00 am

Hi xvirusga,

I am sure with divorce so common now adays, there will be people or someone who know people facing similar problems over here. Perhaps you can share what are some of the issues you face, more heads are better than one. :)

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

being someone mummy

Postby bbforest » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:13 pm

Hi,

My bf have a son 3.5 yrs old. His son called me mummy. Sometime I feel that there is pressure of becoming someone mummy. There are times when I ask myself what I want to do with my child. There are tons of things like baking, giving him music lesson, playing at the playground and sleeping together. Whenever I see his son, the things which I dream of doing seem so dim to fulfil with him. He is only interested in going shopping and sitting in the trolley at the supermarket. Brought him to a storytelling class, ended tears when the teacher closed the door. So thinking that probably with my bf and me in the class will be better,it did seem to be better, but a few lesson he refused to step to into the school. It's so confused at times. I thought of giving up on giving him such lesson, and just let him be. Probably this will be better for him and myself.

It is very disheartening whenever I thought of it, as time to time I will tell myself that is not use, he will not go to the class with you. His grandparent is not really co-operative, as they don't want to bring him to the class nearby, and mentioning that is too young to let him try all this, let him watch VCD and his toys and he will learn on his own.

After all this, I do not want to force myself too much. I feel that I am the only one fighting alone.

bbforest
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Recess Time