Name sticker printing

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
Total Likes:321

Re: Name sticker printing

Post by ChiefKiasu » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:16 pm

ponyo wrote:if you buy the Avery labels (which you should be able to find in any decent office supplies shop like Evergreen, popular, you can go to their website to get the template for their labels.
http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/

hope that helps

You can buy A4 sticker paper in Sim Lim and print out your formatted labels using either powerpoint or ms word. Then cut. That's what I normally do. But I could not find the transparent/translucent types of printable sticker papers.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:30

Post by SAHM_TAN » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:19 pm

Chief,

How's the adhesive power of those A4 sticker paper?

Learn something new every day. Didn't know there's A4 sticker paper.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Post by ChiefKiasu » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:28 pm

SAHM_TAN wrote:Chief,

Depends on what you stick it on. It is definitely not superglue-like. Doesn't work on fabric bags very well. Should be good enough for paper or plastic waterbottles.

nansk
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:9

Post by nansk » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:37 pm

nansk, OT a bit... just wonder how long have u been using this printer?

We have had the HP printer for about a year. We bought it because it was advertised to have a lower cost-per-page than laser printers.

We are light users of the printer. We mainly use it to print Maths worksheets and 'top school' papers for our dd. So far we are happy with the quality of the printouts. And we haven't had to change the cartridges yet.

Before this we had two Canon inkjets in succession. The cartridges were less expensive than HP cartridges, but still, we had to change them more often than ideal. Plus, the printing quality was not in any way comparable to laser printers.

So, if you are going to use it in a home, I would recommend it. If you are going to use it in a home office/small office and will be using it heavily, I would suggest you get a laser printer.
Last edited by nansk on Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nansk
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by nansk » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:39 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:You can buy A4 sticker paper in Sim Lim and print out your formatted labels using either powerpoint or ms word. Then cut. That's what I normally do. But I could not find the transparent/translucent types of printable sticker papers.

This is a great tip! Thanks. :)

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:30

Post by SAHM_TAN » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:06 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
SAHM_TAN wrote:Chief,

Depends on what you stick it on. It is definitely not superglue-like. Doesn't work on fabric bags very well. Should be good enough for paper or plastic waterbottles.

Roger chief

Just4Fun
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:3

Post by Just4Fun » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:26 pm

nansk wrote:
nansk, OT a bit... just wonder how long have u been using this printer?

We have had the HP printer for about a year. We bought it because it was advertised to have a lower cost-per-page than laser printers.

We are light users of the printer. We mainly use it to print Maths worksheets and 'top school' papers for our dd. So far we are happy with the quality of the printouts. And we haven't had to change the cartridges yet.

Before this we had two Canon inkjets in succession. The cartridges were less expensive than HP cartridges, but still, we had to change them more often than ideal. Plus, the printing quality was not in any way comparable to laser printers.

So, if you are going to use it in a home, I would recommend it. If you are going to use it in a home office/small office and will be using it heavily, I would suggest you get a laser printer.

Thank you ! Yes, I do consider buying it. Appreciate yr feedback ! :thankyou:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Post by ChiefKiasu » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:27 pm

nansk wrote:We have had the HP printer for about a year. We bought it because it was advertised to have a lower cost-per-page than laser printers.

Hey nansk, does your HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus support HP Print Apps? If so, you should check out the SAP Education Print App! Bite-sized daily worksheets for English, Maths and Science for all Primary levels. Full SA1 and SA2 papers. All FREE. It's quite amazing. No need to buy top school's exam papers any more.

My daughter has been using the SAP Print App for the past week and she loved it. Of course... it also prints art & craft materials for her daily creative needs. :wink:

nansk
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by nansk » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:40 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:Hey nansk, does your HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus support HP Print Apps? If so, you should check out the SAP Education Print App! Bite-sized daily worksheets for English, Maths and Science for all Primary levels. Full SA1 and SA2 papers. All FREE. It's quite amazing. No need to buy top school's exam papers any more.

My daughter has been using the SAP Print App for the past week and she loved it. Of course... it also prints art & craft materials for her daily creative needs. :wink:

Thanks, Chief! I had read about the HP Print Apps earlier. Not sure why we didn't check it in detail. Probably because dd will rebel if we find even more places to print test papers from, lol.
Between this and the label printing, I'm going to have a busy weekend. :)

Eliora
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Eliora » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:10 pm

If you visit Guangzhou,China,you can get plain stickers for only a dollar(singapore dollar). :)