PM Lee's National Day Rally on Sunday to be broadcast

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

The introduction of banding for PSLE grades will

Reduce stress in parents and students
20
14%
Have NO effect on stress in parents and students
64
44%
Increase stress amongst parents and students
62
42%
 
Total votes : 146

PM Lee's National Day Rally on Sunday to be broadcast

Postby Www » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:12 pm


Www
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:22 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: 2014 P1 Registration Exercise for 2015 In-Take

Postby phtthp » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:43 pm

Lim biow Chuan -
Cap 2a(1) and 2a(2)

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sin ... 77972.html

2015 p1 admission intake -
phase 2a may be impacted

On Sunday, let's hear prime minister ndp speech in detail :-
How is moe going to cap ? Which way ? Is it :-

A) cap each phase - 2a(1) and 2a(2) individually , & at what percentage / proportion, for each phase ?
Because If is like this -
means that those staying > 2 km from either 2a(1) & 2a(2) are risky, face balloting, once demand exceed vacancies.

Or is it
B) Both phases 2a(1) & 2a(2) combined together first, then cap this phase 2a as a whole ?

Because if is like this -
Means that those in phase 2a(1) staying > 2 km, are safe.
Because 2a(1) will be admitted in first.
But those in phase 2a(2) staying > 2 km risky, because face balloting, once demand exceed vacancies.

There is a slight subtle difference, between (a) & (b).
But whether is (a) or (b) -
Within each phase - priority is given to sc first, before pr.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 13888
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:04 pm
Total Likes: 69


Re: 2014 P1 Registration Exercise for 2015 In-Take

Postby Rata » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:21 am

wow! regarding capping the phase 2a new rule is going to be unfair if there going to implement it starting next yr. Then MOE is putting us parents in a trapped suituation as it will be too late for us to think of doing PV or signing up for alumni.

To be fair if they announce it this yr then they should only start implementing to kis of 4yrs old this yr. then the parents still have PV option open. If they going to insist in implementing it to next yr intake then to be fair and since they mention abt equally then call off phase 2B for PV too. Then all kids have an equal chance base on distant.

Rata
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:37 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: 2014 P1 Registration Exercise for 2015 In-Take

Postby weyw » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:40 am

Rata wrote:wow! regarding capping the phase 2a new rule is going to be unfair if there going to implement it starting next yr. Then MOE is putting us parents in a trapped suituation as it will be too late for us to think of doing PV or signing up for alumni.

To be fair if they announce it this yr then they should only start implementing to kis of 4yrs old this yr. then the parents still have PV option open. If they going to insist in implementing it to next yr intake then to be fair and since they mention abt equally then call off phase 2B for PV too. Then all kids have an equal chance base on distant.


actually, for 2014 P1 registration for 2015 in-take... there is no way you can now join alumni or PV already as all gates are closed since last year. So it shouldn't have any impact at all here in this thread.

But for the year 2016 in-take group. Yes, Lots of impact.

weyw
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:32 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: 2014 P1 Registration Exercise for 2015 In-Take

Postby weyw » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:44 am

phtthp wrote:Lim biow Chuan -
Cap 2a(1) and 2a(2)

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sin ... 77972.html

2015 p1 admission intake -
phase 2a may be impacted

On Sunday, let's hear prime minister ndp speech in detail :-
How is moe going to cap ? Which way ? Is it :-

A) cap each phase - 2a(1) and 2a(2) individually , & at what percentage / proportion, for each phase ?
Because If is like this -
means that those staying > 2 km from either 2a(1) & 2a(2) are risky, face balloting, once demand exceed vacancies.

Or is it
B) Both phases 2a(1) & 2a(2) combined together first, then cap this phase 2a as a whole ?

Because if is like this -
Means that those in phase 2a(1) staying > 2 km, are safe.
Because 2a(1) will be admitted in first.
But those in phase 2a(2) staying > 2 km risky, because face balloting, once demand exceed vacancies.

There is a slight subtle difference, between (a) & (b).
But whether is (a) or (b) -
Within each phase - priority is given to sc first, before pr.


Phtthp,

this make me shock for awhile...
but luckily am at phase 2A1 and stay within 1-2km of desired school ...
so if capped at phase 2A1 still safe?
what do you think?

weyw
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:32 pm
Total Likes: 1



Re: 2014 P1 Registration Exercise for 2015 In-Take

Postby Rata » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:49 am

weyw wrote:
Rata wrote:wow! regarding capping the phase 2a new rule is going to be unfair if there going to implement it starting next yr. Then MOE is putting us parents in a trapped suituation as it will be too late for us to think of doing PV or signing up for alumni.

To be fair if they announce it this yr then they should only start implementing to kis of 4yrs old this yr. then the parents still have PV option open. If they going to insist in implementing it to next yr intake then to be fair and since they mention abt equally then call off phase 2B for PV too. Then all kids have an equal chance base on distant.


actually, for 2014 P1 registration for 2015 in-take... there is no way you can now join alumni or PV already as all gates are closed since last year. So it shouldn't have any impact at all here in this thread.

But for the year 2016 in-take group. Yes, Lots of impact.


Exactly dats what I am trying to say if MOE implement this capp for 2014 intake then will impact as is already too late for PV or alumni. worried they will take effect in 2014 intake

Rata
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:37 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: 2014 P1 Registration Exercise for 2015 In-Take

Postby weyw » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:59 am

Rata wrote:
weyw wrote:
Rata wrote:wow! regarding capping the phase 2a new rule is going to be unfair if there going to implement it starting next yr. Then MOE is putting us parents in a trapped suituation as it will be too late for us to think of doing PV or signing up for alumni.

To be fair if they announce it this yr then they should only start implementing to kis of 4yrs old this yr. then the parents still have PV option open. If they going to insist in implementing it to next yr intake then to be fair and since they mention abt equally then call off phase 2B for PV too. Then all kids have an equal chance base on distant.


actually, for 2014 P1 registration for 2015 in-take... there is no way you can now join alumni or PV already as all gates are closed since last year. So it shouldn't have any impact at all here in this thread.

But for the year 2016 in-take group. Yes, Lots of impact.


Exactly dats what I am trying to say if MOE implement this capp for 2014 intake then will impact as is already too late for PV or alumni. worried they will take effect in 2014 intake



then those staying >2km will be the first to be impact on... if balloting occurs within the phase 2A...

weyw
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:32 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: 2014 P1 Registration Exercise for 2015 In-Take

Postby toddles » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:34 am

Hard to say when they will implement it... guess no use guessing... hopefully they will announce this Sunday at NDR speech.

Last year when they made the change to give SC priority, it was also implemented straightaway. the PRs also had no time to change plans, or do PV etc...

toddles
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1351
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:04 pm
Total Likes: 71


Re: 2014 P1 Registration Exercise for 2015 In-Take

Postby phtthp » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:02 am

weyw wrote:this make me shock for awhile...
but luckily am at phase 2A1 and stay within 1-2km of desired school ...
so if capped at phase 2A1 still safe?
what do you think?

Depend on how much % has been apportioned to cap 2a(1).
Also depend on how popular the school is.

If not so popular, 2a(1) under 1 to 2 km, is safe.
Or if is single sex school non-affliated to secondary school like Rgps, 2a(1) under 1 to 2 km, is safe.

But if is hot, desirable co-ed schools like ai tong, Henry park, nanyang, nan Hua, or affliated to single sex secondary schools with "integrated programme" like catholic high, chij st Nicholas, mgs, Scgs :-
Foresee that many 2a alumni staying > 2 km will start to rent houses < 1 km from popular schools, before p1 registration due. Just to remain safe, inside that less than 1 km distance bracket. either rent < 1 km, or start to buy property permanently (those alumni who can afford) as long term viable investment, so that next time their grandchildren (next generation) can also enrol there, if statutory declaration still remain applicable 30 years later. If there is a surge in renting houses by alumni for these hot schools, then 1 to 2 km may not be safe. Actually, quite a number of 2a(1) alumni from acs barker / acs junior, had already started purchase property < 1 km, from acs. In the years ahead to come, those alumni who can afford to buy houses < 1 km from popular schools, won't be affected. It is only those alumni who can't afford to buy, will be impacted. In the event alumni got balloted out or no chance to even ballot, they'll go to neighborhood school. Who knows, maybe this is what moe want - sc Alumni from "gooder schools" to start go neighborhood schools, raise or bring up the standard there. Build from scratch the next generation of all "good schools".

Moe foresee that cap 2a(2) not enough. Because 2a(2) will start to pay alumni fees, shift up to 2a(1). Thus, most likely also cap 2a(1), to a certain proportion.

Anyway, some 2a(2) also not interested in their own alma mater. Some not committed to alma mater. Some 2a(2) even Do pv work or Grl, try to enter popular schools. Or due to distance issue, some 2a(2) withdrew around 4 pm on the last day of phase 2c enrollment, after making sure safe to enter, no need to ballot. So for this group of 2a(2), their alma mater not important to them, because either they eyeing a popular school, or they prefer to enrol into a nearby neighborhood school, instead of let their child spend 1 hour on school bus, traveling round the island.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 13888
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:04 pm
Total Likes: 69


Re: 2014 P1 Registration Exercise for 2015 In-Take

Postby Rata » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:21 am

toddles wrote:Hard to say when they will implement it... guess no use guessing... hopefully they will announce this Sunday at NDR speech.

Last year when they made the change to give SC priority, it was also implemented straightaway. the PRs also had no time to change plans, or do PV etc...


last yr plan change is to protect all SC kids. so all SC kids no impact of unfair. But the cap of phase 2a affects some SC kids and it will lead to unfair suituation among SC. Is very different

Rata
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:37 pm
Total Likes: 1


Next

Return to Recess Time