Smash and Grab - Johor Bahru

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Smash and Grab - Johor Bahru

Postby tankee » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:25 pm

A smash-and-grab incident in Johor Baru has not only left a Singaporean couple in shock, but also in fear that they might no longer be safe in their own home.

Ms Fie, 41, a property agent, and her husband, who wanted to be known only as Mr Muka, 42, were in their car in Johor Baru when two men on a motorcycle smashed the front passenger side window and snatched a handbag containing Ms Fie’s identity card and the keys to their Bukit Batok flat.

The couple are now traumatised and fear the thieves could come to their home in Singapore. They have since sent their children to live with relatives.

Two Malaysians speaking to The New Paper advise Singaporeans to keep a look-out for motorcyclists, as many crimes in Malaysia are committed by crooks on motorbikes.

http://www.tnp.sg/content/what-if-thieves-come-our-home

tankee
Site Admin

Re: Smash and Grab - Johor Bahru

Postby sinoboy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:18 pm

Those people who bought properties in JB Iskander have to be extra vigilant from now on. How to live there?

sinoboy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby buds » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:21 pm

Is it safe to allow children for those learning journeys to JB organised by the school?

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby atrecord » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:19 am

Totally no confidence when keep on seeing and hearing such things regularly. The rich people there are very rich, and the govt/police is trying to make themselves richer by being corrupt.

And the poor people there, probably on seeing so many people making money that they shouldn't deserve (corrupt), will feel that they too should benefit from such means and will go around stealing and robbing. And no one can or will do anything about it...

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Puzz...zzle » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:41 am

buds wrote:Is it safe to allow children for those learning journeys to JB organised by the school?

Totally NOT SAFE !!
even kids that travel M'sia with parents must always within REACH of parents!!
I always remind my DD, in M'sia , people can just stop the cars/ van and snatch her away in a minute.

Puzz...zzle
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kevkevkaf » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:09 am

I think Malaysian properties though cheap is simply not worth the risk, not even in a gated community. The criminals will simply devised means and methods to break down those protective systems be it guards or the fences.

Terrible!

kevkevkaf
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby sinoboy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:39 am

kevkevkaf wrote:I think Malaysian properties though cheap is simply not worth the risk, not even in a gated community. The criminals will simply devised means and methods to break down those protective systems be it guards or the fences.

Terrible!

http://news.asiaone.com/news/crime/beau ... th-robbery

The situation seems quite bad. :yikes:

sinoboy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby kevkevkaf » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:33 pm

Singaporeans should not be taken in by the cheap prices and illusions of security. Once we are there, we are on our own, Malaysian police will not help us, and we become the criminal's cash cow.

kevkevkaf
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Coolkidsrock2 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:49 pm

buds wrote:Is it safe to allow children for those learning journeys to JB organised by the school?

I did not allow my children to go for learning journeys to JB or any country without a proper social security system. I do not bring my kids to these countries for security reason so there is no reason for me to indemnify someone else to bring them there.

http://forums.sgclub.com/singapore/fath ... 06836.html

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Mawar » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:38 am

Johor proposing 3rd bridge. Better connectivity = more cash cows?

Mawar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time