Miley Cyrus - child actor gone bad

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Miley Cyrus - child actor gone bad

Postby ngl2010 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:30 pm

Her 'We Can't Stop' MV is :slapshead:

Her 'Wrecking Ball' MV is :slapshead: :slapshead: (better don't allow your DC watch this MV. She is naked in it.)

The songs are good but the MVs were done in poor taste.

Today I saw some Secondary School girls are showing each other how to twerk :slapshead: They stopped when they realized that I was behind them.

Actually if she wants to distant herself from Hannah Montana's image, there are so many ways doing it. I like how Emma Watson distant herself from her character in Harry Potter. Miley Cyrus is just destroying herself.

So, more likely success at early age = bad?

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Miley Cyrus

Postby iFirefly » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:01 pm

What do you think of Katy Perry's 'Roar' and Lady Gaga's 'Applause' ?

DS1 likes to watch these MVs on you-tube (and sometimes laughing to himself while watching :faint: ).. I don't (& can't) stop him from watching.. The boys in his school seem to prefer Ang-Moh songs to Chinese songs.. I am hoping he can listen to more Chinese songs, like he used to when he was in primary school..

iFirefly
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Miley Cyrus - child actor gone bad

Postby shinri » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:03 pm

What's twerking?

shinri
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby happyheart » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:16 pm

shinri wrote:What's twerking?

My DS asked me the meaning of this word over the weekend. He went on to find out...and he :siam: immediately!

Twerking is a type of dancing in which the dancer, usually a woman, shakes her hips in an up-and-down bouncing motion, causing the dancer's buttocks to shake, "wobble" and "jiggle". According to the Oxford Dictionary Online, to twerk is "to dance to popular music in a sexually provocative manner involving thrusting hip movements and a low, squatting stance".

happyheart
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:18 pm

looks like some African tribal dance to me. haha.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby winchester » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:23 pm

happyheart wrote:
shinri wrote:What's twerking?

My DS asked me the meaning of this word over the weekend. He went on to find out...and he :siam: immediately!

Twerking is a type of dancing in which the dancer, usually a woman, shakes her hips in an up-and-down bouncing motion, causing the dancer's buttocks to shake, "wobble" and "jiggle". According to the Oxford Dictionary Online, to twerk is "to dance to popular music in a sexually provocative manner involving thrusting hip movements and a low, squatting stance".

wow. at least now i know! bet there is a whole book on terms our kids use that parents don't want to know but should!

winchester
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby N.Lo » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:35 pm

My DS also asked me what was twerking. I had to have a good talk with him after that. Don't know what is wrong with Miley Cyrus but the dances she does is in extreme bad taste.

Even hollywood stars are shocked. Any way, just make sure your children don't watch her videos if possible.

N.Lo
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby janet88 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:38 pm

It's not just this actress...Britney spears at one time went out without underwear. Lindsay Lohan was also having some problem. These child actors had some problem handling their success.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ngl2010 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:42 pm

My son and I watched 'We can't stop' MV. I think he still doesn't understand. Yesterday I asked him to watch 'Wrecking Ball' MV together and he refused. He said the 98.7FM DJ said the MV is bad (or something like not suitable for children) so DS said he doesn't want to watch it.

I watched it this morning while he was in school and I got schocked. We love Hannah Montana show and DS grew up with it. I am sure it is hard for Miley's parents to accept the fact that their daughter had gone overboard now.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:48 pm

ngl2010 wrote:I watched it this morning while he was in school and I got schocked. We love Hannah Montana show and DS grew up with it. I am sure it is hard for Miley's parents to accept the fact that their daughter had gone overboard now.

It didn't occur to me SHE is the one who acted in Hannah Montana. She went out wearing just a bra and without undies. What happened to her? Watched too much lady gaga?

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time