Toys/Gifts Wholesale Centre previously at Blanco Court

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Toys/Gifts Wholesale Centre previously at Blanco Court

Postby auntiexxx » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:34 am

There used to be a number of shops selling toys/gifts at wholesale prices at the fromer Blanco Court but of course, they have all moved away. Does anyone know where to find toys/gifts at wholesale prices now? Going on a Mission Trip in December and intend to bring some toys/gifts for the village children.

Thanks.

auntiexxx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Toys/Gifts Wholesale Centre previously at Blanco Court

Postby jtoh » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:40 am

There are some around the Bugis area.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby auntiexxx » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:05 am

jtoh wrote:There are some around the Bugis area.

Thanks, jtoh. I know about those, hoping to find more alternatives. :boogie:

auntiexxx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby slmkhoo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:16 am

auntiexxx wrote:There used to be a number of shops selling toys/gifts at wholesale prices at the fromer Blanco Court but of course, they have all moved away. Does anyone know where to find toys/gifts at wholesale prices now? Going on a Mission Trip in December and intend to bring some toys/gifts for the village children.

Thanks.

Where are you going? Do you have some contacts there? They may be able to help you get toys and gifts much cheaper in the destination country and save the transport costs. Village kids won't be able to get hold of or afford stuff sold in cities, so even if the toys are from the same country, they are likely to be novelties to the village kids.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby auntiexxx » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:24 am

slmkhoo wrote:Where are you going? Do you have some contacts there? They may be able to help you get toys and gifts much cheaper in the destination country and save the transport costs. Village kids won't be able to get hold of or afford stuff sold in cities, so even if the toys are from the same country, they are likely to be novelties to the village kids.

Thanks slmkhoo. I intend to get a variety of things and pack them into little party-like packs, much like those goodie bags that our kids get at birthday parties, so getting them here and packing them makes more sense.

auntiexxx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby shinri » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:49 am

What kind are you looking for? Qoo10 has some, but not sure if they are the kind you are looking for?
On Qoo10, 1 shop selling pencil cases with stationary for less than $2 each, another shop selling traditional toys; i.e. marbles, etc

shinri
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby auntiexxx » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:27 pm

shinri wrote:What kind are you looking for? Qoo10 has some, but not sure if they are the kind you are looking for?
On Qoo10, 1 shop selling pencil cases with stationary for less than $2 each, another shop selling traditional toys; i.e. marbles, etc

Thanks shinri, but I am not looking for stationery. Definitely not marbles too. Too dangerous for small kids.

auntiexxx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby heyhoe » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:37 am

Hi auntiexxx,

Would you consider assorted and unopen pack of McDonald toys? You can place it into goodie bags?

Let me know.

Cheers,

heyhoe
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby auntiexxx » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:52 pm

heyhoe wrote:Hi auntiexxx,

Would you consider assorted and unopen pack of McDonald toys? You can place it into goodie bags?

Let me know.

Cheers,

Thanks heyhoe. Please check your PM.

auntiexxx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Recess Time