Where do you have your haircut?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Where do you have your haircut?

Postby sembgal » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:22 pm

Let's share where do you have your haircut.
I trust Jason of #1 Salon @ Bishan to cut layers for long hair. If you have very long hair and want someone to do a good job of layering, go to him. He's good with rebonding, perming and colouring too.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Where do you have your haircut?

Postby itchyeczemahands » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:29 am

For me, i go Auntie Ivy at her home in Aljunied. She does a decent haircut for only $5. :)

itchyeczemahands
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby shinri » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:47 pm

Mine at Section Hair at Bencoolen. 'Cause I've got naturally curly hair and for many years, not one hair stylist knows how to deal with my hair.
But at Section Hair, the hair stylist, Joanne, really knows how to control my unruly hair very well.
Then, all I need to do is just to rub some hair wax, scrunge my hair and all the curls come out like permed hair :wink:

shinri
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby sparks » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:06 pm

sembgal wrote:Let's share where do you have your haircut.
I trust Jason of #1 Salon @ Bishan to cut layers for long hair. If you have very long hair and want someone to do a good job of layering, go to him. He's good with rebonding, perming and colouring too.

He used to be my hairstylist but I stopped going to him cos of long waiting time & when it's finally my turn, he only spends abt <10 min to trim & then let his staff do all the other services. I don't blame him cos he's got a long queue of customers waiting. He's a really nice guy & good stylist. I just prefer someone who could provide more personalised services esp when highlighting hair,perming,etc. Moreover, after a while, he keeps giving me the same hairdo. So, it's time for me to change.

sparks
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jjxy mum » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:39 pm

I used to had my hair cut and rebond by a hair saloon at a shopping mall, but that hair stylist had past away,now I ended at a $10 express cut at the neighbourhood mall.
Yesterday, I went to a hair saloon at JB for haircut, that young lady was very sweet and gentle, she spent 10-15mins to blow my wavy hair. :)

jjxy mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Augmum » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:18 am

It's time for me to look for a hairstylist...hope am able to find a suitable one here.... :smile:

In the past, i used to go to one of the branches of JY....
This hairstylist was good...
He was able to cut my hair to my liking...the fringe...the layering...the rebonding...
But....but...i had stopped going there...as found him to be too overfriendly.... :scared:

Then, someone recommended me one hair salon which is near my place....
Initially when she juz set up her salon, she was good...she would spend a long time cutting my hair....
But now that her business has picked up....she will only use 10 mins or less to cut my hair...
Standard has dropped ....somemore long waiting time even with advance booking...
Often after come home....i observe that the back of my hair is not straight....

So, it's time to relook for another one....
Last edited by Augmum on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Augmum » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:26 am

sparks wrote:
sembgal wrote:Let's share where do you have your haircut.

He used to be my hairstylist but I stopped going to him cos of long waiting time & when it's finally my turn, he only spends abt <10 min to trim & then let his staff do all the other services. I don't blame him cos he's got a long queue of customers waiting. He's a really nice guy & good stylist. I just prefer someone who could provide more personalised services esp when highlighting hair,perming,etc. Moreover, after a while, he keeps giving me the same hairdo. So, it's time for me to change.

Oh...i still thot of going there for a try...
when i read Semgal mentioned that he is good at layering....(only want the side to be layered)
I am oso afraid of longgg waiting time....

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Augmum » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:49 pm

Augmum wrote:It's time for me to look for a hairstylist...hope am able to find a suitable one here.... :smile:

In the past, i used to go to one of the branches of JY....
This hairstylist was good...
He was able to cut my hair to my liking...the fringe...the layering...the rebonding...
But....but...i had stopped going there...as found him to be too overfriendly.... :scared:

Then, someone recommended me one hair salon which is near my place....
Initially when she juz set up her salon, she was good...she would spend a long time cutting my hair....
But now that her business has picked up....she will only use 10 mins or less to cut my hair...
Standard has dropped ....somemore long waiting time even with advance booking...
Often after come home....i observe that the back of my hair is not straight....

So, it's time to relook for another one....

Any good hairstylist to recommend ? (in the east) TIA :smile:

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby janetforcina » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:43 pm

I had a hair cut from " The Alma G salon " .They have professional hairstylist which suggest haircut based on hair length ,Facial shape and quality of Hair .They also recommend accessories like hair extensions ,colored hair etc.which will look stylish on that haircut .

janetforcina
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby boinbi » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:37 pm

Where is the 'Alma G salon'?

boinbi
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time