Kaplan or unisim

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Kaplan or unisim

Postby beariecrystal3 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:29 pm

I am planning to further my studies by doing a part time degree, which degree is better?

Kaplan cost abt $20k in 18mths
Unisim cost abt $13-$15k and take longer times to complete.

I was hoping by doing a degree, and get a paper qualification, i can earn more.

beariecrystal3
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Kaplan or unisim

Postby kevkevkaf » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:28 am

Umm I think its best to do something that you really enjoy and not study for the sake of the money only. Interest is extremely important.

But if you really need to choose when all other things are equal, choose UniSIM. That would be my choice, more recognized I believe.

kevkevkaf
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby CookiesMonster » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:23 pm

I would suggest Unisim not because it is more recognised but Kaplan degree programme are really tough especially if you are working full-time & you are expected to have solid foundation else when the going gets tough, it can be demoralizing if you can't do the assignment, clear the exam or see your class shrinking.

& as kevkevkaf mentioned, do it for interest. No interest hard to sustain.

CookiesMonster
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby beariecrystal3 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:14 pm

Thanks for your advice. Indeed I have no interest in studying. Sigh!

beariecrystal3
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby isetan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:59 pm

Unisim of course....more recognise locally.

isetan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sim TT » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:31 am

unisim. quality of students there better. kaplan many rich foreign kids.

Sim TT
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Bedokid » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:15 am

I thought Unisim is just like local uni such as nus,ntu and smu? The author meant SIM?

Bedokid
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby beariecrystal3 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:51 pm

just to share, i will be signing up with UNISIM. Though dont have much confident in passing, but guess would be good to have a paper qualification in the near future.

beariecrystal3
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby M-Help » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:37 pm

Dear Beariecrystal3

UNISIM of course. It is going to be a fully recognized university and its degree is going to be comparable to any other local universities in the years ahead. There is absolutely nothing wrong in your thinking of getting a degree so that you can progress further in your career, hence command a better earning power. As a matter of fact, glad to see that you have such motivation. It is important, though, that you need to choose the right course so that after your graduation, there is high demand in the industry for such graduates. Don't take a course just for the sake of getting a degree. Some degrees may not offer you much opportunities and options in the local market. Do some research first in terms of market demand before you decide on the course you want to pursue.

M-Help
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby beariecrystal3 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:55 am

M-Help wrote:Dear Beariecrystal3

UNISIM of course. It is going to be a fully recognized university and its degree is going to be comparable to any other local universities in the years ahead. There is absolutely nothing wrong in your thinking of getting a degree so that you can progress further in your career, hence command a better earning power. As a matter of fact, glad to see that you have such motivation. It is important, though, that you need to choose the right course so that after your graduation, there is high demand in the industry for such graduates. Don't take a course just for the sake of getting a degree. Some degrees may not offer you much opportunities and options in the local market. Do some research first in terms of market demand before you decide on the course you want to pursue.

Dear M-Help,
thanks so much for yr encouragement and sharing.

beariecrystal3
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time