Pays Tribute to a Heroin Abuser?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Pays Tribute to a Heroin Abuser?

Postby tankee » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:13 pm

call me old-fashion, but this is wrong. Accident or no accident, taking heroin is a no-no. Why pays tribute to a drug abuser? :roll:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/ent ... 43878.html

LOS ANGELES: Hit US television show "Glee" pays tribute Thursday to actor Cory Monteith, who died of an accidental overdose in July, in an episode which lays his character Finn Hudson to rest.

Cast members from the musical series -- including Monteith's onetime girlfriend Lea Michele -- were in tears when filming the episode in August.

"I've never seen a crew that can't continue shooting because they've left the room sobbing. It was very hard," said executive producer Ryan Murphy.

A trailer of the show, the third episode of the series's fifth season, shows his fellow glee club members sobbing in front of a makeshift shrine in front of his old locker.

"We wrote it because we loved Cory, so the episode is about how those people loved Cory and find it really hard to go on with the show," said Murphy, cited by industry journal the Hollywood Reporter.

Jane Lynch, who plays cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester, added: "It was really sad. Every day was really hard, but we hung together and it was really good to grieve together."

"What a bright light. We miss him terribly and it's a horrible thing. We got through it and we got through it together as a family," she told the Hollywood Reporter.

Monteith had starred in the Fox TV musical comedy-drama since it debuted in 2009. His character Finn Hudson was a star high school football player who joined a motley crew of students in the glee club.

The 31-year-old actor, who had struggled in the past with substance abuse and checked into a rehab facility in April, was found dead July 13 in his Vancouver hotel room.

Coroners ruled earlier this month that he died of an accidental overdose of heroin and alcohol.

- AFP/ac

tankee
Site Admin

Re: Pays Tribute to a Heroin Abuser?

Postby SAHM_TAN » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:26 pm

Will still have frens and family members who love and miss him

Are they giving out the msg that taking heroin is ok? I've stopped watching American TV shows, so not following Glee anymore.

Anyone who have seen the episode can shed some light?

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:34 pm

Perhaps that is the only negative thing in him...he could have done countless good deeds.

Anyway, recently I have been watching some video on pop stars and footballers. Many were unable to cope with the tremendous pressure of sudden fame and suffered from addictions and depression.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schweppes » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:01 pm

I'm not a Gleek fan. But I had watched snippets of the tribute episode on youtube.

The show was not meant to honour a heroin abuser per se. But it was meant to be a tribute to Finn Hudson (the show's character) and Cory Monteith as a colleague and friend. Read entertainment commentaries that he was a much loved colleague and friend to all.

Monteith certainly struggled with his inner demons. Tried to get himself clean but failed. It was never the producers' intentions to glorify drugs and drinking. Actually, it was very touching the way the various actors/actresses paid tribute through songs. Very raw emotions.

In fact, the Glee producers have made a series of online video messages from fellow Glee actors and actresses telling people that if they need help, or are depressed or have drink or drug problems, to seek proper help and treatment. It was socially responsible and tastefully done.

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schweppes » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:19 pm

I found this very sad and touching. The video clip shows Lea Michele, girlfriend both onscreen and in real life, singing her heart out.

RIP Cory Monteith

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ngl2010 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:27 pm

Isn't this the same like tribute to Michael Jackson?

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby SAHM_TAN » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:46 pm

Thanks schweppes for sharing the vids.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schweppes » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:28 pm

ngl2010 wrote:Isn't this the same like tribute to Michael Jackson?

If not mistaken, MJ was a memorial service.

Glee has a huge fan base. Supposed to give closure to Finn's character. Guess it's like a in memoriam of sorts but within a TV show episode

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Harlequin » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:53 pm

tankee wrote:call me old-fashion, but this is wrong. Accident or no accident, taking heroin is a no-no. Why pays tribute to a drug abuser? :roll:

I was thinking to myself, how I hated smokers irresponsibly harming those around with their 2nd hand smoke.... also, I am sure I am not able to have peace of mind had I have a neighbor that's an addict that creates havoc and hurl abuse in my neighborhood whenever he is high with substance... selfish and narrow minded and how not forgiving I am!

But the double standard will always be, say for example, someone that lives far away, famous or not, is an addict...as long as it does not bother me, and probably will never have.... then I will just gladly say that -- oh, that's his choice, I shall respect that... after all, we are told to respect others' choices....

I guessed we belong to the confused generation that, the line of right or wrong is blurred, if a very act of menace is not harming us directly, we should accept that that's his choice to have; only when the push come to shore, then, we will have the right to be outspokenly righteous (?!)
Haiz! It was not long ago when people were straight forward with right and wrong....

Harlequin
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sun_2010 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:31 pm

schweppes wrote:I'm not a Gleek fan. But I had watched snippets of the tribute episode on youtube.

The show was not meant to honour a heroin abuser per se. But it was meant to be a tribute to Finn Hudson (the show's character) and Cory Monteith as a colleague and friend. Read entertainment commentaries that he was a much loved colleague and friend to all.

Monteith certainly struggled with his inner demons. Tried to get himself clean but failed. It was never the producers' intentions to glorify drugs and drinking. Actually, it was very touching the way the various actors/actresses paid tribute through songs. Very raw emotions.

In fact, the Glee producers have made a series of online video messages from fellow Glee actors and actresses telling people that if they need help, or are depressed or have drink or drug problems, to seek proper help and treatment. It was socially responsible and tastefully done.

:goodpost:

:cry:

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time