2013 P6 Graduation Ceremony

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Does your kid's school have a P6 graduation ceremony?

Yes
92%
No
8%
Donch Know
No votes

Total votes : 12

2013 P6 Graduation Ceremony

Postby Nebbermind » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:23 pm

You may share your kids' school graduation ceremony photos here too!

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: 2013 P6 Graduation Ceremony

Postby mummy OnABudget » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:40 pm

there is for ds but hes not attending due to the fact that his god grand parents are bringing him to hongkong haha in lieu that he does well for PSLE if he does not do well he has to pay them back through his savings lol :rotflmao: and i be getting my much needed break. :rahrah: :rahrah:

mummy OnABudget
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby BeContented » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:10 pm

No graduation ceremony for dd :cry:
The sch having 2 day camp activities followed by campfire at the site which I was told to be of rather challenging terrain for dd. So for safety reasons, Sch has rejected her request to join the campfire (due to her cast & injury).
Haizzzzz. :sad:

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:24 pm

Wonder what happens during graduation ceremony.

I know dd is performing for her cca. But other than that, I am :? what to expect as I've to shorten my business trip to ensure I am home in time for her graduation ceremony.

When I told dh that I've to travel that week, he was like... you mean you are not going to be there for her graduation ceremony??? He placed alot of value on it but I am still :?

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Nebbermind » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:31 pm

IIRC, there were 3 graduation events for my boy.

There was a graduation party at some clubhouse. No parents invited. I guess they just wanna let the kids let loose on that day.

Then there was a graduation ceremony. Vaguely remember being given a parenting talk about how to deal with teenagers etc. The kids were with their classes during the talk. After that, the P presented the certs on stage.

The last event would be the PSLE results day. The top xx pupil will get an award.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Triple Js » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:00 pm

DD will be releasing 1wk earlier (ie. 8/Nov) to compensate the 1wk Sept holiday when they still need to return for full day classes back then.

there will be 2 days of Day camp for them on 7&8/Nov, wtih a campfire on the last night. guess that will be where they have the so-called graduation ceremony.

Triple Js
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby nms1 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:21 pm

MMM wrote:Wonder what happens during graduation ceremony.

I know dd is performing for her cca. But other than that, I am :? what to expect as I've to shorten my business trip to ensure I am home in time for her graduation ceremony.

When I told dh that I've to travel that week, he was like... you mean you are not going to be there for her graduation ceremony??? He placed alot of value on it but I am still :?

I would say it doesn't really matter what will happen at the ceremony, what matters is how important it is to your daughter that you are there. If it is important to here then you should do everything you can to attend.

nms1
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Return to Recess Time