Impending Anonymous Cyber Attack on Singapore Government

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Impending Anonymous Cyber Attack on Singapore Government

Postby kevkevkaf » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:18 pm

Hacker group Anonymous has declared war on the Singapore government and warns of more cyber attacks. More worryingly, Singaporeans online seem to be very happy about it?

Sigh... what has happened to Singapore man... I see my daughter, she is so excited about it... like waiting for Twilight to release in cinemas. zzz

http://therealsingapore.com/content/nov ... fawkes-day

http://therealsingapore.com/content/cyb ... -democracy

kevkevkaf
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Impending Anonymous Cyber Attack on Singapore Government

Postby concern2 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:40 am

Do not save important passwords on your internet browser.

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:19 am

kevkevkaf wrote:Hacker group Anonymous has declared war on the Singapore government and warns of more cyber attacks. More worryingly, Singaporeans online seem to be very happy about it?

Sigh... what has happened to Singapore man... I see my daughter, she is so excited about it... like waiting for Twilight to release in cinemas. zzz

If your DD and her friends are still eagerly awaiting 5 Nov, maybe get her to read this open letter to Anonymous by Bertha Henson. Quite funny!

Dear Anonymous

BY BERTHA HENSON
ON 1 NOVEMBER 2013 AT 5:21 PM

I don’t know who you are but I know what you are – a troublemaker with not very powderful England. (My students beg to differ. They think your England is a cut above most online Hokkien vulgarity laden diatribes. But they still think you’re a clown.)

If you presume to speak for the rest of us, please go blow yourself up. You’ve done all of us a great disservice by making us look as bad as the G has always made us out to be. You wear a mask. You can’t even be bothered to give yourself a false name. You talk funny. Your vocabulary is limited to that of the rabid protestor – full of repression, oppression and suppression.

You tout your hacking skills and boast of coming up against the FBI and other behemoths. You belittle our IDA. You threaten. You castigate. You are as arrogant as the G you seem to loathe. And you have the “ignorant nerve” (your England) to address us as “fellow Singaporeans”. I am a Singaporean and I have no fellow feeling towards someone/anyone who has undermined all the work some of us have done to push for more civic liberties, greater civil society involvement and a more engaged citizenry.

It is good that the Free My Internet movement has said plainly that it has nothing to do with you. It seems to me that you were hoping to latch on to something which has struck a raw nerve with the internet community. Abrasive and uncompromising as we might be as netizens of Singapore, it is unlikely that we would advocate the kinds of tactics you endorse. Some of us may deplore the idea of having a licence to publish and will respond with fighting words, but we will not do so behind a crazy mask and will at least have the diginity to give ourselves a name.

Your sort of freedom is not mine.

If people loved your video (you must be encouraged by the many shares, or did you astroturf?), they would have changed their minds after your intrusion into the Straits Times website. You sound like a petulant child. Who are you to ask that a journalist resign even if she made a misleading statement? Who are you to threaten her, as well as the veterinarian who put down a dog? It is likely that those who mourn for Tammy would also prefer that you accord some respect to human beings. Also, please spell the name of the prison inmate who died correctly. It’s Dinesh; not “Dhinesh”. :rotflmao:

Nice beard, Anonymous…

You seem to be advocating anarchy, practically inviting a Government crackdown of sorts. Perhaps that is your intention – to have the Internal Security Act, Sedition Act or Criminal Law Temporary Provisions Act (which applies to public infrastructure) invoked so that you can go: Ah hah! Told you so!

I’m sure many people would be quite pleased to see you arrested, as an enemy of the State or even as a public nuisance. Me, I think at best you provided a bit of public entertainment (without a license, ha ha).

As for Nov 5, you’ve been watching too much V for Vendetta to realise that the real Guy Fawkes was arrested on that date, amid much public jubilation.

This Anon sounds like one of those vigilantes ranting at Hong Lim... I hv a collective group (comprising freedom fighters, GE hopefuls, human rights activists) in mind whom I deeply suspect is behind this Vendetta, but I could be wrong :) hehe...Whoever he is, I believe he is in his 20s.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby h3ngh3ngl4h » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:35 am

jetsetter wrote:
kevkevkaf wrote:Hacker group Anonymous has declared war on the Singapore government and warns of more cyber attacks. More worryingly, Singaporeans online seem to be very happy about it?

If your DD and her friends are still eagerly awaiting 5 Nov, maybe get her to read this open letter to Anonymous by Bertha Henson. Quite funny!

Dear Anonymous

BY BERTHA HENSON
ON 1 NOVEMBER 2013 AT 5:21 PM

I don’t know who you are but I know what you are – a troublemaker with not very powderful England. (My students beg to differ. They think your England is a cut above most online Hokkien vulgarity laden diatribes. But they still think you’re a clown.)

If you presume to speak for the rest of us, please go blow yourself up. You’ve done all of us a great disservice by making us look as bad as the G has always made us out to be. You wear a mask. You can’t even be bothered to give yourself a false name. You talk funny. Your vocabulary is limited to that of the rabid protestor – full of repression, oppression and suppression.

You tout your hacking skills and boast of coming up against the FBI and other behemoths. You belittle our IDA. You threaten. You castigate. You are as arrogant as the G you seem to loathe. And you have the “ignorant nerve” (your England) to address us as “fellow Singaporeans”. I am a Singaporean and I have no fellow feeling towards someone/anyone who has undermined all the work some of us have done to push for more civic liberties, greater civil society involvement and a more engaged citizenry.

It is good that the Free My Internet movement has said plainly that it has nothing to do with you. It seems to me that you were hoping to latch on to something which has struck a raw nerve with the internet community. Abrasive and uncompromising as we might be as netizens of Singapore, it is unlikely that we would advocate the kinds of tactics you endorse. Some of us may deplore the idea of having a licence to publish and will respond with fighting words, but we will not do so behind a crazy mask and will at least have the diginity to give ourselves a name.

Your sort of freedom is not mine.

If people loved your video (you must be encouraged by the many shares, or did you astroturf?), they would have changed their minds after your intrusion into the Straits Times website. You sound like a petulant child. Who are you to ask that a journalist resign even if she made a misleading statement? Who are you to threaten her, as well as the veterinarian who put down a dog? It is likely that those who mourn for Tammy would also prefer that you accord some respect to human beings. Also, please spell the name of the prison inmate who died correctly. It’s Dinesh; not “Dhinesh”. :rotflmao:

Nice beard, Anonymous…

You seem to be advocating anarchy, practically inviting a Government crackdown of sorts. Perhaps that is your intention – to have the Internal Security Act, Sedition Act or Criminal Law Temporary Provisions Act (which applies to public infrastructure) invoked so that you can go: Ah hah! Told you so!

I’m sure many people would be quite pleased to see you arrested, as an enemy of the State or even as a public nuisance. Me, I think at best you provided a bit of public entertainment (without a license, ha ha).

As for Nov 5, you’ve been watching too much V for Vendetta to realise that the real Guy Fawkes was arrested on that date, amid much public jubilation.

This Anon sounds like one of those vigilantes ranting at Hong Lim... I hv a collective group (comprising freedom fighters, GE hopefuls, human rights activists) in mind whom I deeply suspect is behind this Vendetta, but I could be wrong :) hehe...Whoever he is, I believe he is in his 20s.

Yes. Anyone who thinks for themselves can see the similarities in demands by these 2 "distinct" groups.

This "Ah Tiong" is so irritating. Correct?

h3ngh3ngl4h
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jetsetter » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:45 am

i dunno if he is ah tiong or ah gao...let's wait & see the fireworks on Guy Fawkes Day.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:51 am

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pirate » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:18 am

Oh, look! kiasuparents is still online. :siam:

pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby AC_Power » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:52 pm

It is close to 5pm now.... nothing is happening.

Are we waiting for that Messiah guy to wake up from his US time zone or something?

AC_Power
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby pirate » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:30 pm

It is now 11.30pm. I guess there is no firework after all.

Even if there is in the next 30 minutes, I don't think there will be anybody around to watch it.

pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby AC_Power » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:15 am

I think we need to send out a search party.....

Messiah is missing......

AC_Power
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time