Re: More parents are refusing immunizations for their childr

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Postby dolphinsiah » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:53 pm

I am not the person who started and shared about British parents on their views of vaccines on children...

Since the starter of this thread has 'chicken out....

So I also Siam :siam: :siam: :siam:
Last edited by dolphinsiah on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dolphinsiah
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pirate » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:55 pm

dolphinsiah wrote:I developed chicken during age of 21, was shocked :yikes: .

Did you go squawk? Or was it more like peck, peck, peck...? :siam:

pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby dolphinsiah » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:23 pm

pirate wrote:
dolphinsiah wrote:I developed chicken during age of 21, was shocked :yikes: .

Did you go squawk? Or was it more like peck, peck, peck...? :siam:

The Starter of this thread has 'Chicken Out'

So I also Siam :siam: :siam: :siam:
Last edited by dolphinsiah on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dolphinsiah
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby dolphinsiah » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:26 pm

:siam: :siam: :siam:

dolphinsiah
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:55 am

i brought kids for their chicken pox jabs...they did develop chicken pox...but they didn't suffer the full blown effect, unlike hubby. his face was the worst hit.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby dolphinsiah » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:27 am

janet_lee88 wrote:i brought kids for their chicken pox jabs...they did develop chicken pox...but they didn't suffer the full blown effect, unlike hubby. his face was the worst hit.

Hi Janet,

Did you find out why the Chicken Pox Jabs did not work on your kids?

Anyway , to me when kids have chicken poxes their outbreak is less compare to adults.

I think it is linked to what we eat daily. Adults through years of eating accumulated a lot of toxins...so the outbreak is worst.

That is why parents like me always hoped that the kids will have their chicken poxes before Pr. 1. For sure the outbreak is also bearable.

when my kids have chicken poxes before Pr. 1 is better than striking lottery! :evil: So lucky to me :wink:

dolphinsiah
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pirate » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:31 am

dolphinsiah wrote:That is why parents like me always hoped that the kids will have their chicken poxes before Pr. 1. For sure the outbreak is also bearable.

I hear that in Japan and Europe, whenever a kid gets chicken pox, the parents would hold a chicken pox party inviting all their friends' children.

I hear they do that in Japan for hand, foot and mouth disease too. :shrug: Here, we sanitize the classroom and even close the school.

Apparently, chicken pox jabs do not work 100%, but exposure to the virus after getting the jab is supposed to be able to strengthen immunity to it, plus any symptoms will be much less severe. I tried passing it to DD when I got chicken pox :evil: . My mum was like :yikes: what kind of parent is this? DD had a jab before and did not develop any symptom except for a mild fever.

pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby dolphinsiah » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:04 pm

pirate wrote:
dolphinsiah wrote:That is why parents like me always hoped that the kids will have their chicken poxes before Pr. 1. For sure the outbreak is also bearable.

I hear that in Japan and Europe, whenever a kid gets chicken pox, the parents would hold a chicken pox party inviting all their friends' children.

I hear they do that in Japan for hand, foot and mouth disease too. :shrug: Here, we sanitize the classroom and even close the school.

Apparently, chicken pox jabs do not work 100%, but exposure to the virus after getting the jab is supposed to be able to strengthen immunity to it, plus any symptoms will be much less severe. I tried passing it to DD when I got chicken pox :evil: . My mum was like :yikes: what kind of parent is this? DD had a jab before and did not develop any symptom except for a mild fever.

I think nowadays to have the kids to be infected with Chicken pox is quite difficult in Singapore .Since most of the parents will let their kids take the jabs.

To recover from Chicken pox during childhood is to get nature immunisation . So we will not suffer during adulthood. :xedfingers:

So the Chicken pox jab is more or less to suppress the virus...
Not very good leh.... :scratchhead:

Next time my Grandchildren (if I have hor), I will try to let them have chicken pox before P1. :boogie:

dolphinsiah
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:20 pm

dolphinsiah wrote:I think nowadays to have the kids to be infected with Chicken pox is quite difficult in Singapore .Since most of the parents will let their kids take the jabs.

To recover from Chicken pox during childhood is to get nature immunisation . So we will not suffer during adulthood. :xedfingers:

Next time my Grandchildren (if I have hor), I will try to let them have chicken pox before P1. :boogie:

My experience is that it's not easy to catch when you want to! When my best friend had chicken pox, I had been in her house for the whole day the day before. When my brother had chicken pox, I intentionally went and sat in his room with him. When my university friend had chicken pox, I had spent several hours a day in her company. All those times, I didn't catch it. Years later, in my 30s, I caught it - and I don't even know who I caught it from!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tutormum » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:41 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
dolphinsiah wrote:I think nowadays to have the kids to be infected with Chicken pox is quite difficult in Singapore .Since most of the parents will let their kids take the jabs.

My experience is that it's not easy to catch when you want to! When my best friend had chicken pox, I had been in her house for the whole day the day before. When my brother had chicken pox, I intentionally went and sat in his room with him. When my university friend had chicken pox, I had spent several hours a day in her company. All those times, I didn't catch it. Years later, in my 30s, I caught it - and I don't even know who I caught it from!

DS1 caught it during his kinder days and passed it to DS2 who was only 8 months old. :please: DS1 didn't suffer much - only some uncomfortable itches that can be managed with lots of powder and cream to keep the skin dry. DS2 was very blessed, only a few spots and oblivious to the whole ordeal.
I tried to let DS3 catch it once when he was in lower pri by bringing him to one of my students' house during tuition. He didn't catch it probably the infectious period was over. Thankfully, he caught it when there was a outbreak in his school - way before his PSLE.
I once saw a heavily pregnant woman with chicken pox. It was very hideous. She was covered with pustules from head to toes. Therefore, it is better to get it as young as possible.
Moreover if the immunity is not strong enough, one can get chicken pox for the second time.
I believe chicken pox is more deadly for adults than children cos the young is much stronger and heal better than the elderly. That is why even the flu can be deadly to the elderly.

tutormum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time