Toddlers Daily Routine

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Toddlers Daily Routine

Postby glamchic » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:41 pm

Care to share what are your daily routines for your kiddos?

As I am a 1st time mom, some things I may not be sure. Perhaps mummies here can share and advice what should be filled in their daily activities. My babe is not in school yet but we're planning it soon. What does ur kids usually do the moment they open their eyes... ;p

:?
:oops:

glamchic
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby 3Boys » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:07 pm

Well, I'm not a mummy, but.....

My 20 month toddler is having a whale of a time. He gets up in the morning, his 2 brothers charge in, and despite being half their size, he would leap on top of them and horse around. Shortly after, mummy/daddy gets him a bottle of milk, and he lies on our bed watching morning news. He then goes downstairs, gets porridge fixed by the maid, grandma feeds him, gets a bit more milk. Schoolbus comes, he waves goodbye to the gor-gors, then grandma talks him for a walk around the neighbourhood. Comes home, sits on the potty, gets a bath, then its playtime until lunch. After lunch, takes a nap, kor-kors come home, more play, then some evening TV.....

As Calvin and Hobbes say, the days are packed!

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby glamchic » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:53 am

LOL!

Lucky for him he has his kor-kors... My poor babe is the only child as for now so she feels kinda lonely at times. I just cant wait to enrol her in her new school soon. Thnx for sharing!

:celebrate:

glamchic
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mrswongtuition » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:04 am

When my boy does not go to school (stay home with me during holidays) on a typical day with no enrichment class:

7am - wake up, wash up, laze around
8am - breakfast
9am - playground
10am - morning snack + TV (educational programs only)
11am - Activities (writing, drawing, colouring, painting on rotational basis)
12pm - Lunch
1pm - Wash up & nap
3pm - wake up, afternoon snack, play with toys (lego, cooking, role playing)
5pm - cycling
6pm - bath & eat dinner
7pm - play "secret spies" (it's actually hide & seek) with daddy when he's home from work
8pm - play with his toys in living room while daddy & mummy watch TV
9pm - night snack
10pm - sleep

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby KopiYing » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:48 am

My toddler boy (abt 20mths old) wakes up arnd 7 plus, then have breakfast tog with me. after that shower than milk. Play, read books, see vehicles etc. 10 plus or 11 snack time, usually fruits. Noon time will be lunch then i'll watch Hi5 & Little Einstein with him. Milk then nap arnd 2pm and he usually wakes up 2 hrs later (provided he doesnt have bad dream :shock: ). Then milk again. Play time followed by a bit of snack then dinner arnd 6.40pm. He loves watching The Price is Right & Wheel of Fortune, prob got to do with numbers and letters :wink: Or play with daddy till arnd 9 then it's time to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Since I'm a stay home mom, my routime is quite similar to his :|

KopiYing
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby david59 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:57 pm

My wife and I had gone through that same process long time ago, esp. my wife who was SAHM for eight years when my two girls were born.

:? I notice that you guys/ gals did not mention anything about getting your kids to learn doing little house chores. Correct me if I am wrong.
Anyway, my purpose of saying this is that (IMHO)it is very important to get a little kid to start developing this habit of being responsible to house-keep your beautiful home. This is one of those lessons in life that I have regretted. Because my wife is very fast and efficient in houseworks and likes things to be done spick and span, our two girls did not really have to do any housework at all. Only when they were in Primary that we started to get them to help around the house. Unfortunately, housechores really become a CHORE to them. No doubt they still take turns to wash their toilet once a week, wash their own plates and cups after meals, vacuum and mop their own rooms but somehow you can just sense that they are just dragging their feet doing them.
They are wonderful daughters. But doing housechores is just not a habit that they have. What would they do when they got their own homes? :? Probably hire a maid to do it lor. :idea:
Most of the kids in my centre do not do any housechore at all! Not even knowing how to rinse a hand towel or clean the table! So, we make them learn to do some basic housekeeping everyday. Hehehe, cheap labour. 8)

The moral is - give your little kid simple chores to do so that it will become part of his/ her daily routine. Do you see this as important? Or you would rather let your maid do everything for them. :?

david59
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mrswongtuition » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:10 pm

david59 wrote: :? I notice that you guys/ gals did not mention anything about getting your kids to learn doing little house chores. Correct me if I am wrong.

Not very fair to judge us just because we do not post every single detail our kids do at home. If I have to type out everything, it'll be a very very very very long list.

My boy DOES help out with chores (he's 2yo, turning 3 in Jan).

It's part of the wake up & wash up routine. He'll wake up, fold his blanket, arrange his pillows & soft toys neatly on bed. He'll wash the toilet after he's done with his shower (I'm quite particular about this).

It's also part of the wash up (after lunch) routine. After lunch he helps to clear the table & he likes to help wash the utensils.

He enjoys sweeping the floor but is too small sized to be able to use a broom properly. He helps with other chores like vacuuming on weekends.

I personally think that it is alot of work for a 2yo already.

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby david59 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:21 pm

mrswongtuition wrote:
david59 wrote: :? I notice that you guys/ gals did not mention anything about getting your kids to learn doing little house chores. Correct me if I am wrong.

Not very fair to judge us just because we do not post every single detail our kids do at home. If I have to type out everything, it'll be a very very very very long list.

My boy DOES help out with chores (he's 2yo, turning 3 in Jan).

It's part of the wake up & wash up routine. He'll wake up, fold his blanket, arrange his pillows & soft toys neatly on bed. He'll wash the toilet after he's done with his shower (I'm quite particular about this).

It's also part of the wash up (after lunch) routine. After lunch he helps to clear the table & he likes to help wash the utensils.

He enjoys sweeping the floor but is too small sized to be able to use a broom properly. He helps with other chores like vacuuming on weekends.

I personally think that it is alot of work for a 2yo already.

:celebrate: Toast to you. Thanks. I am glad to be corrected. You are one pretty good mother. I wish I could turn back the clock to do these things you are doing now. Anyway, it is not good to live with regrets. Forgetting what lies behind I press on to more good things to do in life. :celebrate:

david59
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby 3Boys » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:36 pm

david59 wrote:My wife and I had gone through that same process long time ago, esp. my wife who was SAHM for eight years when my two girls were born.

:? I notice that you guys/ gals did not mention anything about getting your kids to learn doing little house chores. Correct me if I am wrong.
Anyway, my purpose of saying this is that (IMHO)it is very important to get a little kid to start developing this habit of being responsible to house-keep your beautiful home.

You are right. It is important, but I didn't, so my kids are brats when it comes to home maintenance.......they are really sweet otherwise though.

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sunset_dae » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:34 pm

Only on weekend..as DD will be in CCC during weekdays

wake up at 6.30am, walk to market with me to buy groceries, eat breakfast. reach home, read books for 2 hrs, then do painting, play-doh and practise writing. Watch 1/2 hr DVD while i prepare his lunch. Then 11.30am eat lunch, followed by shower milk and nap till 3pm.
Wake up and eat tea break then more reading for abt 1 1/2 hrs then go out shopping with us till 9pm... Zzzzz

sunset_dae
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time