Is this stereotyping?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Is this stereotyping?

Postby concern2 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:10 am

"THERE will always be an anti-establishment element in a new media environment, said Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong at a forum this evening.

He said that to get the support of the people, the government must continue to do its work, try its best to communicate and involve people in its initiatives to give them a stronger sense of satisfaction.

"We can't wish for new media not to exist, but we can try our best to use it," Mr Lee said in Mandarin, in response to a question from a member of the audience, who asked how the government regards online views about how it is disconnected from the people.

"Satisfied people don't have time to go onto the Internet. Unhappy people often go there," Mr Lee said.

(source: http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/breakin ... e-20131122)

Do you agree? :evil:

It seems kiasuparents are filled with unhappy people? Esp the grandmasters...

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Is this stereotyping?

Postby HVR » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:48 am

Must read between the lines. I would say social media contains mostly negative views, ie, complaint and complaint only so in that sense, its not wrong to say unhappy people often go there.

HVR
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:57 am

concern2 wrote:... "Satisfied people don't have time to go onto the Internet. Unhappy people often go there," Mr Lee said.

Weird. I don't have time to go to the Internet these days, but I'm still quite unhappy. Hmmm...

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby concerned_priestess » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:55 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
concern2 wrote:... "Satisfied people don't have time to go onto the Internet. Unhappy people often go there," Mr Lee said.

Weird. I don't have time to go to the Internet these days, but I'm still quite unhappy. Hmmm...

For someone with 11180 posts, you sure spend very little time on the internet.

concerned_priestess
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:29 pm

concerned_priestess wrote:
ChiefKiasu wrote:Weird. I don't have time to go to the Internet these days, but I'm still quite unhappy. Hmmm...

:laugh: It's 11180 posts in 5 years. You got to put it in perspective.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby SAHM_TAN » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:14 am

I thought gvt use social media to get fdbk too. Maybe in that particular context, the unhappy ones with policies go online and disagree loudly. But I'm sure he rec'd concerned fdbk as well.

What's complaint and fdbk really depends on his frame of mind when reading the posts. Of course the tone of the posts will help but sometimes when the subject is too close to the heart, the posts may get too direct for comfort.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby concerned_priestess » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:44 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
ChiefKiasu wrote:Weird. I don't have time to go to the Internet these days, but I'm still quite unhappy. Hmmm...

Which gives an average 2000+ posts a year? Sure, if you think that's little, be my guest and carry on consoling yourself. :wink:

concerned_priestess
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby SAHM_TAN » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:01 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:

Which gives an average 2000+ posts a year? Sure, if you think that's little, be my guest and carry on consoling yourself. :wink:

As chief of KSP, I expected more posts fr him.

When my cyber kakis were still around in KSP, I could hit 1000 posts within a wk easily.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby concerned_priestess » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:16 am

SAHM_TAN wrote:
ChiefKiasu wrote:

When my cyber kakis were still around in KSP, I could hit 1000 posts within a wk easily.

Well he's a cyber freak. You are a super cyber freak. Nuff said. I wonder if you have a life beyond the confines of virtual reality.

This is where you and chief probably start getting defensive. I will be surprised if you guys don't. Have a good Sunday morning, heading out for a spot of breakfast.

:imcool:

concerned_priestess
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby SAHM_TAN » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:34 am

SAHM_TAN wrote:

Well he's a cyber freak. You are a super cyber freak. Nuff said. I wonder if you have a life beyond the confines of virtual reality.

This is where you and chief probably start getting defensive. I will be surprised if you guys don't. Have a good Sunday morning, heading out for a spot of breakfast.

:imcool:

I'm not affected by your comment about me. So there's no need for me to get defensive.

To answer your question, I do have a life outside of ksp.

Thank you for wishing me a good Sunday morning.

Have a good week ahead too.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time