Freeze When The Bell Goes Off

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Freeze When The Bell Goes Off

Postby kangshao » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:41 pm

Hi guys!

Do you remember in your younger primary school days when you have to freeze when the recess bell goes off? Freeze for 5 seconds before assemble back at the concourse?

Its funny when we are thinking back now.

kangshao
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Freeze When The Bell Goes Off

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:03 pm

kangshao wrote:Hi guys!

Do you remember in your younger primary school days when you have to freeze when the recess bell goes off? Freeze for 5 seconds before assemble back at the concourse?

Lol. That sounds fun. But I don't think I had it back then. What's the rationale for "freezing"?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby limlim » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:53 pm

only recall during ICT muz freeze for ~50sec when flag raising or something like that.

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby rains » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:06 am

Not every primary school has this practice. Mine didn't but my secondary school was next to a primary school that had this practice. Even the milk delivery man would freeze when he was walking towards his van. I thought it a creative and effective practice to settle the boisterous recess kids.

rains
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby b2b3m4 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:49 am

I didnt know there's such a practice but i do fondly remember the triangular packet milk that came in buckets.

b2b3m4
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:50 am

b2b3m4 wrote:I didnt know there's such a practice but i do fondly remember the triangular packet milk that came in buckets.

:lol: You must be under nourished if you remember that. I remember the gave those packets only to skinny kids :)

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby bebebub » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:12 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
b2b3m4 wrote:I didnt know there's such a practice but i do fondly remember the triangular packet milk that came in buckets.

:lol: You must be under nourished if you remember that. I remember the gave those packets only to skinny kids :)

Eh... the triangular packet milk must pay money de. Comes in 3 flavors.

The skinny kids were given those milk powder in plain packaging, FOC. I was one of those skinny kids. That milk taste really yucky :sick:

bebebub
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sinoboy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:26 am

Yes time stop for a few seconds. Kids treated it serious back then. But it can be very inconvenient when you are in a middle of a toilet action. :imconstipated:

Everything must stop, cannot move! if not prefack book. :spank:

sinoboy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby concern2 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:52 pm

I do, I do! Now that you mention it, we had that in primary school! Also remember that only prefects were allowed to go around, and some notorious primary 8 students would 'cheat' or make funny actions when no authorities were around.

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby concern2 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:53 pm

I do, I do! Now that you mention it, we had that in primary school! Also remember that only prefects were allowed to go around, and some notorious primary 8 students would 'cheat' or make funny actions when no authorities were around.

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time