Malaysia, 2nd Home Scheme!

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Malaysia, 2nd Home Scheme!

Postby titank » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:27 am

Hi All,

Have anyone heard of Malaysia 2nd Home Scheme where meant for retirement?

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby skunk » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:33 am

yeah, heard of it.....im wondering why would anyone wanna retire there lol

skunk
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby daisyt » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:29 pm

Ya, I have the same feeling as skunk. Even my malaysian friend is telling us all kinds of stories how his sister house was robbed, how unsafe he himself is feeling when walking on the street alone. His sister return to her house once a week because working in other town. All her valuables ie. TV, sofa ... were gone !

One of my relatives's car, got smashed even parked at crowded place in JB. :(

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby KopiYing » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:49 pm

Well...my sis also said not safe to stay in Perth. She gotta install alarm n have a dog since she migrated there.

KopiYing
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby NIEtrainedTEACHER » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:49 pm

Well you know what, I have stayed in Malaysia (JB) for 2 years actually and commute to Singapore to work. Initally, there were alot of questions posed by my colleagues and even my wife was not convince about staying there.

When I first moved to JB, I was quite surprise that in the early morning (about 6 - 6.30 am) there were so many Singapore registered car going into Singapore. My initial expectation was to find mostly Malaysian registered car but I was proven otherwise.

As to personal experience of living in Malaysia, all I can say is that it is a laid back kinda of life and extremely low overheads (courtesy of the exchange rate). As for crime, do your homework before you make your move. Find out about the safety aspect of your neighborhood - does it come with gated security and is it already a populated development.

We were having a pleasant time living in JB to the point that my wife felt sad to move back. We had no choice but to move back due to the preparation needed for my girl to start her schooling.

Only way for you to really know about the place is to live there and not by listening to what others have to say. Experiencing it first hand may actually change your perception.

Regards

NIEtrainedTEACHER
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby titank » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:45 pm

Hi NIEtrainedTEACHER,

I guessed in some part of JB still safe to live? Generally it is a good place for retirement? Maybe should ask the Financial Planner do retirement plan staying in Malaysia. An agent told me I require $1 Million to retire in Singapore
. :!:

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby NIEtrainedTEACHER » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:41 pm

Titank,

$1 Million dollar is the magic number that everyone in SGP is saying needed for retirement. But then again, it all depends on the lifestyle.

But thinke of this, with that $1 million, you will live like a king elsewhere in South east Asia... Hmmmm quite a tempting idea... Would love to be in Hua Hin for retirement...

Regards

NIEtrainedTEACHER
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby titank » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:58 am

NIEtrainedTEACHER wrote:Titank,

$1 Million dollar is the magic number that everyone in SGP is saying needed for retirement. But then again, it all depends on the lifestyle.

But thinke of this, with that $1 million, you will live like a king elsewhere in South east Asia... Hmmmm quite a tempting idea... Would love to be in Hua Hin for retirement...

Regards

Ya most Financial Agents said to me die die must have $1 Million to retire in Singapore. :rotflmao:

In South East Asia with 1 Million can live like a King?? Like that can build a palace already
! :celebrate:

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby NIEtrainedTEACHER » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:04 pm

Like that can build a palace already!

Hahaha....If you need contractor, tell me! :idea:

NIEtrainedTEACHER
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Recess Time