ImMeeMee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:23

Re: How-To KiasuParents.com

Post by ImMeeMee » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:55 pm

FB555 wrote:

PeeDa_Deeda
Have you try to resize the image using the "Resize" option and change it to "Message board(640x480)?

Thanks for sharing. I have been having problems uploading images as well, and this is good information. :smile:

FB555
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:2

Post by FB555 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:35 pm

ImMeeMee wrote: Thanks for sharing. I have been having problems uploading images as well, and this is good information. :smile:
ImMeeMee
No problem. I am glad to be able to help.:smile:

FB555
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by FB555 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:55 pm

isetan wrote:Hi, I have problem of uploading picture to the thread. Any step by step procedure to follow?
isetan
I am not too sure if the user interface is the same for all terminals but this is what i do on my android phone. Here goes:
(1) click on the "choose file" option.

(2) the filename should appear beside the "choose file" option.

(3) click the "resize" option to resize the image to "message board(640x480)".

(4) click the green button showing "UPLOAD NOW!"

(5) click the "Add To Post" button.

(6) you will see the IMG codes appear in your post.

You can now submit the post with your embedded image.
You can also upload multiple image within the same post. Just click on the word "upload".

the queen
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: HOW-TO turn on or off email notifications for specific t

Post by the queen » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:03 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:HOW-TO turn on or off email notifications for specific topics in the Forums:

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 430#100430

Hi ChiefKiasu, pls guide me on how to on my email notification for any specific topics ? Thank you :-)

mamemo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by mamemo » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:12 pm

Suddenly I'm unable to post in the Garage sales thread.. saying that I do not have enough KP$. ChiefKiasu, can help? thanks...

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:120

Post by Jennifer » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:08 pm

Chief, can we hv a dislike button?

Like to increase reputation

Dislike to decrease reputation

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
Total Likes:322

Post by ChiefKiasu » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:33 pm

Jennifer wrote:Chief, can we hv a dislike button?

We would like to keep our system friendly. Although the system we have supports reputation, and allows for "dislikes", we have not enabled it. Perhaps we can put this to the community for voting.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:120

Post by Jennifer » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:46 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Chief, can we hv a dislike button?

We would like to keep our system friendly. Although the system we have supports reputation, and allows for "dislikes", we have not enabled it. Perhaps we can put this to the community for voting.
Having a dislike button might make some pple think twice abt their postings whether appropriate or not.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:223

Likes & Dislikes

Post by jetsetter » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:14 am

Food for thought:

1. Article 14 of the Singapore Constitution. Freedom of speech enshrined.

2. Facebook's rationale for not introducing "DISLIKE" button.

3. "Dislike" button may breed contempt and create unnecessary animosities amongst faceless friends in a free and open forum. Some opponents think it's an anti-social mechanism that could lead to cyber-bullying. :shrug:

4. Potential for abuse if the immature so chooses to leverage it to decrease the reputation of someone/service provider with whom s/he don't see eye to eye, or against whom s/he bear a personal grudge, due to some past or present feud/dispute outside of/within this forum or one's mood swings.

If we disagree with a comment/stance, Article 14 says we're free to speak up to explain why/defend/rebut/propose a better solution. Not diss someone with just one click of a button and scurry off.

5. Not a good indicator of the "Disliked" person's integrity, credibility or social media standing. We saw how anti-PAP trolls zealously and trigger-happily disliked all white posts, and how anti-opp IB artificially ramped up the "dislikes" for anything that hurt the G in "TR Emeritus" ("Temasek Review") last time. It's all skewed, not representative of genuine ground sentiments, and didn't tell us if the post or author was actually a quality or credible one.

6. If really need to enable "Dislike" button, please limit to Recess Time>Rants. Never in Clubs section.
Not pleasant for strangers or trolls alike to "Dislike" our photos, YouTube videos or songs we take time to contribute; or "dislike" us when we unwittingly visit their Homes "unwelcome", thereby penalising our "reputation".

7. As a deterrent to make people write more responsibly -
It may or may not make people think first before posting anything. They may just not post any controversial comments altogether, and "agree to disagree" will be a thing of the past.

8. The community might become divided, hateful and negative, because people are now given an outlet to express their disdain/scorn/derision more directly and conveniently, which they previously weren't.

9. The frequently "disliked" contributor may or may not be hurt, dejected and demoralised...s/he might avoid or hit back at those who once "disliked" his/her posts (because s/he can see the userids of those who clicked the button!). :gloomy:

10. Delink "reputation" from no. of "Dislikes". We're all faceless contributors who may never meet up in this life, so why not just like each other's company? Sound so utopian! :imanangel: :rotflmao: :siam:

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:178

Post by floppy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:39 am

Jennifer wrote:
ChiefKiasu wrote:
Having a dislike button might make some pple think twice abt their postings whether appropriate or not.
"likes" and "dislikes" - can eat or not?
A post/person can have a thousand "likes" - so?
A post/person can have a thousand "dislikes" - so?
jetsetter wrote:We're all faceless contributors who may never meet up in this life
Therefore, having a "like" or "dislike" button makes no difference to the way a person does his/her posting.