Where to find wide-fitting shoes for teenage girl?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Where to find wide-fitting shoes for teenage girl?

Postby slmkhoo » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:52 pm

My 14yo daughter has very wide feet, and I can't find any decent shoes that will fit her! I would like to find some more feminine sandals or pumps for her as she only has beach sandals and school shoes. Any suggestions of cheaper places which would have wider fitting shoes?

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Where to find wide-fitting shoes for teenage girl?

Postby A better tomorrow » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:49 pm

Maybe your can try buying from rubi ? They have a collection of shoes to choose from :)

A better tomorrow
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby slmkhoo » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:05 am

A better tomorrow wrote:Maybe your can try buying from rubi ? They have a collection of shoes to choose from :)

Are they wide-fitting? Most shops we've tried don't have shoes wide enough. For eg, she can't wear anything from Bata other than sports shoes and beach sandals.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ImMeeMee » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:20 am

I have quite wide feet too, and I usually find slip-ons at Bata. Most times I need to compensate slightly with the length. You can also try OG, cos they have shoes with large sizes and the one in town carries a large variety.

ImMeeMee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:06 am

ImMeeMee wrote:I have quite wide feet too, and I usually find slip-ons at Bata. Most times I need to compensate slightly with the length. You can also try OG, cos they have shoes with large sizes and the one in town carries a large variety.

My daughter has really wide feet, I think, and also thick (from top to bottom). Inherited from her father! Even compensating for length doesn't work for most shoes as they will need to be way too big! Will give OG a try, but not sure when she can spare the time. She is working hard these few days because she has a project to submit on Friday, and the most essential team member only got back to Singapore yesterday. And next weekend is full too. I don't think I will be able to get her to go shopping until mid-Jan. I really don't want her to go CNY visiting in beach sandals!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:16 am

hi slmkhoo

instead of buying ballerina flats whose front part is too short to accommodate her thicker feet, how abt exploring smoking slippers which will hold her feet better yet look feminine and chic?

It goes best with skinny jeans.

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/alexa-chu ... 36728.html

NB: Rubi, Topshop, Zara TRF carry some. ON sale now.
http://asia.cottonon.com/shop/product/s ... ack-micro/

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Dora1 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:55 am

I have very wide feet. You need to go for the ang mo brands. Other than they usual numerical numbers, there is an option of W after the number to indicate wide, e.g 6W for me.
It used to be only the higher end brands like Clarkes and marks and spencer have them. But nowadays there are a lot more options. Think can try forever 21, George's at John little plaza Singapura and new look. I even buy wide option for my track shoes, the one I have now is from new balance.

Dora1
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ImMeeMee » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:08 pm

Dora1 wrote:I have very wide feet. You need to go for the ang mo brands. Other than they usual numerical numbers, there is an option of W after the number to indicate wide, e.g 6W for me.
It used to be only the higher end brands like Clarkes and marks and spencer have them. But nowadays there are a lot more options. Think can try forever 21, George's at John little plaza Singapura and new look. I even buy wide option for my track shoes, the one I have now is from new balance.

dora1, I tried W for sports shoes but still get bad aches at the ball of the foot when I jog longer distances.

Have you tried vibram sports shoes? I am told that it can address wide feet problems, but dont know whether its good.

ImMeeMee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ImMeeMee » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:10 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
ImMeeMee wrote:I have quite wide feet too, and I usually find slip-ons at Bata. Most times I need to compensate slightly with the length. You can also try OG, cos they have shoes with large sizes and the one in town carries a large variety.

My daughter has really wide feet, I think, and also thick (from top to bottom). Inherited from her father! Even compensating for length doesn't work for most shoes as they will need to be way too big! Will give OG a try, but not sure when she can spare the time. She is working hard these few days because she has a project to submit on Friday, and the most essential team member only got back to Singapore yesterday. And next weekend is full too. I don't think I will be able to get her to go shopping until mid-Jan. I really don't want her to go CNY visiting in beach sandals!

slmkhoo, I usually take quite a long time to get suitable shoes even for myself. Fit and style must suit, haha, so its no mean feat ...

Improvise? You are always good with that ... if you find a good idea tell me ... :lol:

ImMeeMee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:11 pm

Geox or Ecco are comfy too but very expensive.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time