Why she's not proud to be a Sporean

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Why she's not proud to be a Sporean

Postby sparks » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:23 pm

http://www.lollipop.sg/content/k-pop-st ... ingaporean

Stephanie Koh, the controversial local finalist on the region-wide K-pop Star Hunt 3 contest, has courted yet more headlines by saying that she's not proud to be a Singaporean.

The 21-year-old freelance graphic designer found herself in the spotlight when she shot her mouth off on the show, saying that she will "attack...scratch...and kill" the manager if she had to surrender her phone to the organisers during the competition.

In an interview with RazorTV, Koh admitted to shooting her mouth off too quick for comfort, but later shot herself in the foot by making yet another controversial comment.

Explaining whether she was bothered that her behaviour on the show may portray Singaporeans in a bad light, Stephanie said she "would not be bothered about representing this country because, to be honest, I don't really feel proud to be Singaporean'.

She went on to explain that her feelings were brought about by people in Singapore being 'small-minded'.

"Everyone here is submissive; everyone here don’t know how to think out of the box," she said.

"No one here is creative. Everyone here just thinks the same way and follow the same rules. It's too rigid for my taste."

When asked if she identified herself as a Singaporean, she replied that she saw herself as 'one of a kind'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydANJ5qLHG4

**shake head**

I hope she's the only one of the very few spoilt brats the country has produced (sadly)...else Spore will soon be in trouble. I absolutely detest pp using profanities to highlight their point.

sparks
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Why she's not proud to be a Sporean

Postby atrecord » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:07 pm

sparks wrote:http://www.lollipop.sg/content/k-pop-star-hunt-3-finalist-declares-she-doesnt-feel-proud-be-singaporean

Stephanie Koh, the controversial local finalist on the region-wide K-pop Star Hunt 3 contest, has courted yet more headlines by saying that she's not proud to be a Singaporean.

The 21-year-old freelance graphic designer found herself in the spotlight when she shot her mouth off on the show, saying that she will "attack...scratch...and kill" the manager if she had to surrender her phone to the organisers during the competition.

In an interview with RazorTV, Koh admitted to shooting her mouth off too quick for comfort, but later shot herself in the foot by making yet another controversial comment.

Explaining whether she was bothered that her behaviour on the show may portray Singaporeans in a bad light, Stephanie said she "would not be bothered about representing this country because, to be honest, I don't really feel proud to be Singaporean'.

She went on to explain that her feelings were brought about by people in Singapore being 'small-minded'.

"Everyone here is submissive; everyone here don’t know how to think out of the box," she said.

"No one here is creative. Everyone here just thinks the same way and follow the same rules. It's too rigid for my taste."

When asked if she identified herself as a Singaporean, she replied that she saw herself as 'one of a kind'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydANJ5qLHG4

**shake head**

I hope she's the only one of the very few spoilt brats the country has produced (sadly)...else Spore will soon be in trouble. I absolutely detest pp using profanities to highlight their point.

MOE should review how did the Singapore education system nurture such a hopeless 'out-of-the-box-thinker'...

She should not think out, but should get out.

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Mawar » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:10 pm

Maybe shock tactic? No image no controversy no publicity. So need to angle some attitude albeit a silly one? Her mom said she is a good girl.

Mawar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tutormum » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:52 pm

Only watched first few mins and find it a waste of time. She's so kai fan in her dressing and mannerism. I agree that Singapore is not a place for her and she should get out.
Her mom's definition of 'good' is her own standard cos she's talking about her own child. Even when a murderer/thief is convicted, his mother will definitely says "my son is a good boy. I believe it's his friends that influence him to behave like that; the victim must have provoked him...blh...blah...blah.."
May be her mom is also like that. I had a student whose mom was not around during her formative years. As a tutor, I tried my best to inculcate the right values in her. She was doing fine until her mom came back and started influencing her in her dressing and mannerism. Her mom is worse compared to this S Koh and luckily the girl is much better. Thankfully, she is not as 'wild' as her mom in her behaviour. Her aunt told me she tried to advise the girl but eventually the mom has the last say. As outsiders, we can't help but feel sad for her.

tutormum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:59 pm

Good Lord! Is this newsworthy?

If it's abt Corrine May singing Star Spangled Banner at NBA, I'd still drop a few comments, but who is this 'si gin nah'? Move aside..

NEXT...

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pirate » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:00 pm

sparks wrote:She went on to explain that her feelings were brought about by people in Singapore being 'small-minded'.

Haven't watched the video, but dunno leh. This part doesn't seem to be too far off the mark... :siam:

Oh wait. Pirate is also a bit, uhm... unconventional.

pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sparks » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:56 pm

I too, find her an attention seeker. But it's just interesting to know what some of these youngsters wld think & say publicly.

sparks
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby AC_Power » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:00 pm

I finished watching the video.

Personally, if we disregard her mannerism, she did bring out a few valid points about the ineptness of our educational system. She lamented that only those who scored well in examinations will do well in our education system. What happened to those who can't really study but having a talent in other areas? They were just filtered off and forgotten.

She is right to say that Singapore might not be the place for her and I wish her well in finding her a place which she can proudly call home.

AC_Power
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby raysusan » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:51 pm

so her dream is to become a pop star?

raysusan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pirate » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:06 pm

raysusan wrote:so her dream is to become a pop star?

Is there anything wrong with that? :scratchhead:

pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time