Anyone using Taobao (Alipay)?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Anyone using Taobao (Alipay)?

Postby hsm » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:16 pm

Hi

I am having problem logging into the Alipay account to pay for my taobao stuff.. they suddenly 'added' the security feature and i need to change my password.

However the stupid thing is i can't even login to change my password. In order to 'reset', i must upload my ID / passport photo to them..

I'm hesitant to do that.. dunno if they will misuse the information.

Anyone does that?
Need some advise.. i tried the online chat with the Alipay staff.. they cannot do anything!! :rant:

Anyone has advice?

Thanks

hsm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Anyone using Taobao (Alipay)?

Postby wickedpork » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:04 pm

are u using taobao asia?

wickedpork
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby hsm » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:17 pm

yes.

hsm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mathtuition88 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:42 pm

maybe you can try switching to Amazon?
Amazon don't need ID/passport photo. Also, there is free shipping to Singapore, just added recently.

Source: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/ ... athtuit-20

Order with FREE AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping

If your order is $125 or over and being shipped to India, Singapore, or New Zealand, you may qualify for FREE AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping. With AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping, your order will be delivered 9-14 business days after all of your items are available to ship, including pre-order items.

mathtuition88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby osim » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:02 pm

mathtuition88 wrote:maybe you can try switching to Amazon?
Amazon don't need ID/passport photo. Also, there is free shipping to Singapore, just added recently.

Source: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/ ... athtuit-20

Order with FREE AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping

If your order is $125 or over and being shipped to India, Singapore, or New Zealand, you may qualify for FREE AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping. With AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping, your order will be delivered 9-14 business days after all of your items are available to ship, including pre-order items.

How do you know an item is eligible for the global saver shipping without having to wait until you wanna check out then know?

It's rather annoying to check out after spending time choosing items then realized cannot get the free shipping. I attempted a few ways and give up.

osim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jetsetter » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:07 pm

hsm:

were your credit card details with Alipay before? Are u using DBS/POSB credit card to pay?

Or using 快捷支付/网银支付/托人代付?These will need extra security layers like passport scan so int'l buyers (esp those in Africa) don't run away w/o paying. Credit card won't hv this prob, cos security checks already done by the issuing bank.

http://help.alipay.com/lab/help_detail. ... _id=256719

DBS credit is the easiest and most direct way to buy taobao stuffs. But u need to check if seller is "credit card-enabled" or not. Got different buying limits. See link.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time