Clothes

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Clothes

Postby TheAnswer » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:52 am

How many sets of CNY clothes did you buy?
How many wardrobe full of clothes do you have?

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Clothes

Postby clay569 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:44 am

2 sets.
One 4-door wardrobe and 2 other drawers

:)

clay569
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby slmkhoo » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:54 am

Nil. Bought 1 shirt for my husband and kids had new clothes for Christmas/birthday.

1 2-door rail and 1 1-door shelf.
Husband has about the same, and my 2 teen girls share 1 2-door wardrobe and a few drawers.
Winter clothes for whole family are stored in a wooden chest.

We intentionally try to keep our clothes inventory low!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:37 am

I think I should be embarrassed of myself..
My boys have I think 5 sets of new clothes each and I have more sets compared to them..

I have tidied up my wardrobes but a lot of clothes I can't bear to dispose them.. I can still fit into them though they appear a little worn out..

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:59 am

I dislike shopping and I don't care much about clothes, so I usually only replace clothes when they are quite worn, and I will discard clothes if I don't think I will wear them again. My kids seem to shaping up the same way. They won't shop for clothes until what they have looks so bad that I insist. Their recent infusion of new clothes was given by grandma and aunt who have probably decided that if they don't, my girls will be in tatters!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:11 am

DH has more clothes than me. He took over our entire bedroom wardrobe and I have only 1 lower rack the size of 1 panel and 1 drawer. Most of my clothes are hanging in DS's wardrobe as his clothes are all folded so he uses only the drawers.

For CNY, I have 1 dress and a few new tops. DS has 3 new sets, DD has 3 new sets. DH, I have no idea, he comes back with new clothes all the time.

Now lets talk about shoes. :lol:

I have 5 new pairs :oops: , DD and DS each have 2 new pairs and DH, well none.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby TheAnswer » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:16 am

Funz wrote:DH has more clothes than me. He took over our entire bedroom wardrobe and I have only 1 lower rack the size of 1 panel and 1 drawer. Most of my clothes are hanging in DS's wardrobe as his clothes are all folded so he uses only the drawers.

For CNY, I have 1 dress and a few new tops. DS has 3 new sets, DD has 3 new sets. DH, I have no idea, he comes back with new clothes all the time.

Now lets talk about shoes. :lol:

I have 5 new pairs :oops: , DD and DS each have 2 new pairs and DH, well none.

Wah.. 5 pairs.. That's a lot.. How many pairs in total now? I have 2 new pairs of shoes.. Haven't been able to convince myself to buy somemore..

Where did you buy ur shoes from? I noticed that the quality of pazzion shoes have deteriorated.. I'm probably gonna abandon them soon... On the lookout for new brands..

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby SarChar » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:27 am

NONE - I just pick a dress from my wardrobe that still has the price tag on :oops: , no shoes too!

5 doors - > 2-doors 2 racks (top rack for blouses, bottom rack for skirts and shorts, jeans folded), 2-doors for dresses, last door has 3 shelves of folded clothes....I am a complusive shopaholic hoarder. :nailbite:

A joke on this- when I am looking for a particular dress to wear but my helper hasn't ironed it...she will ROLL HER EYES and said "surely you can find something else to wear"....but I cant....I must wear that dress! :siam:

SarChar
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ammonite » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:51 am

Bought one pink top that I happened to see. New pjs for boys. Dh bought a pair of shoes. That's it.

Wardrobe - everyone has a two door wardrobe each. I like to buy dresses so I have dresses accumulated from the time when I was 20. Everything else will be regularly tossed out.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ammonite » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:53 am

SarChar wrote:NONE - I just pick a dress from my wardrobe that still has the price tag on :oops: , no shoes too!

5 doors - > 2-doors 2 racks (top rack for blouses, bottom rack for skirts and shorts, jeans folded), 2-doors for dresses, last door has 3 shelves of folded clothes....I am a complusive shopaholic hoarder. :nailbite:

A joke on this- when I am looking for a particular dress to wear but my helper hasn't ironed it...she will ROLL HER EYES and said "surely you can find something else to wear"....but I cant....I must wear that dress! :siam:

Sarchar,
I agree. Sometimes it MUST be that dress. To fit my mood and the occasion.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time