Short term rental 2-3 months accommodation in Singapore

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Short term rental 2-3 months accommodation in Singapore

Postby nani » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:05 pm

Hi

According to URA rules, all lease have to be at least 6 months for HDB and Pte properties.

Anyone knows if short term rental from Airbnb is legal? Or any website to recommend for legal short term rental please?

Thanks.

nani
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Short term rental 2-3 months accommodation in Singapore

Postby hquek » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:15 pm

as you put it, ura has it set that min lease period is 6 months. So how can there be any legal lease that is shorter?

I understand that some people get around it by having a termination clause - ie that this lease is valid for 6 months but give each other a way out by being able to break lease in advance of the 6 months.

Just be wary of those companies offering short term leases, some are condotels and likely to be overcrowded. Some condos dun welcome such 'sub tenants' and may make their lives very difficult (access into estate may be affected).

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby nani » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:23 pm

So only service apartments and hotels are legal?

nani
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby tutormum » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:47 pm

nani wrote:Hi

According to URA rules, all lease have to be at least 6 months for HDB and Pte properties.

Anyone knows if short term rental from Airbnb is legal? Or any website to recommend for legal short term rental please?

Thanks.

I tried to rent one for about 2 months when my new apt was not ready but to no avail. Also heard if can find, rental will be very high. Fortunately, one of my friends knew a lady who has left her flat empty for a while as she was recuperating in hospice. Managed to get her to rent it to me. :nailbite: :nailbite:

tutormum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time