NYP invigilator posts photo of 'slow coach' students on Inst

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

NYP invigilator posts photo of 'slow coach' students on Inst

Postby 12mum » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:09 pm

This is really unacceptable. Some students might find the papers hard so might not be able to finish the papers early. It is really ridiculous of the invigilator to make such comments and posted the photos of the students for all to see. :mad: :nunchuk:

http://www.edvantage.com.sg/content/nyp ... -instagram

Home
NYP invigilator posts photo of 'slow coach' students on Instagram

Stomp
Saturday, Mar 01, 2014

An invigilator for an exam that took place at Nanyang Polytechnic posted a picture of the last three students to finish the test on his Instagram account.

He also called the students slow for not having finished the exam with 50 minutes of the allocated time left.

A Stomp contributor only known as Wolalala, who came across the photo on social media, said the exam was for a business module and that the invigilator was an employee of the school.

He elaborates:

"I was furious when I came upon this image on Instagram. I am a student from NYP and I find it extremely insulting and ridiculous for an invigilator to do this.

"Students have the right to stay until the very last minute and second. We have always been encouraged to check our script and answers after we are done , so why is this invigilator doing this?

"It's not even like theres only 50 seconds left, it is 50 minutes. Taking a photo of in the exam hall is already a mistake , yet uploading it on Instagram and complaining about them for being slow is even more atrocious.

"I hope this invigilator gets punished for his mistake and apologises to the students involved."

12mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: NYP invigilator posts photo of 'slow coach' students on

Postby phtthp » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:14 pm

Sack this invilgilator.
Bar him / her, from invigilating, for all future exam.

Students taking exam have every right, to stay up till the last second of the paper, in the exam hall - according to the time stated in the exam paper.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:18 pm

Are camera photos allowed in examination room/hall? If this is applicable to students, why invigilators are exempted?

Last to leave the examination room/hall has no indication on students' learning ability & results at all.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:22 pm

phtthp wrote:
Students taking exam have every right, to stay up till the last second of the paper, in the exam hall - according to the time stated in the exam paper.

:goodpost:
Same goes for PSLE oral...as long as the student has not completed his/her piece, the teacher has no right to tell student to leave. I reminded my son back then.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:06 pm

The word "brainless" doesn't even begin to describe the shoot-yourself-in-the-foot-by-exposing-your-silly-pictures-on-the-Internet scandals that have been popping up left and right these days.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby concern2 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:56 pm

I was one of those 'slow coach' during my time, always one of the last to leave the classroom during the PSLE.

I watched as my friends handed in their papers. One by one, they waved goodbye to me happily. I held on to my paper, telling myself that I only had that chance to do PSLE, and before I handed in the paper, my future was still in my hands.

I went through each paper a few rounds, resting my head on the table after each round before starting to check all over again. I corrected many careless mistakes along the way, and managed to solve what would have been called 'challenging questions'. I even had time to improve on my working and grammar.

That year, I made my teachers proud.

To all taking PSLE: Use all the time you are given. There is nothing to be ashamed of. Your future is in your hands.

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:11 pm

Most schools won't allow students to leave early even if they want to. I guess it's different in poly.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:13 pm

When I leave the exam hall with 50mins to spare means jialat liao.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby janet88 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:00 pm

Funz wrote:When I leave the exam hall with 50mins to spare means jialat liao.

50 min left is a lot...that precious time can be used to check (as in re-do).
where the he@! is the invigilator rushing to?

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby alng » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:43 pm

If most of the students could complete and still have 50 mins left for exam, I think the examiner has either set a short and easy exam or assign too much time for the exam paper...whatever the reason is....that person is not a good examiner!

alng
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time