Where to get gold ring expanded?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Where to get gold ring expanded?

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:21 pm

Not sure where to post this. Mods, please move if it shouldn't be here!

Does anyone know where I can get a gold ring expanded? Somewhere reliable and not too expensive? Thanks!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Where to get gold ring expanded?

Postby hquek » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:28 pm

Thought any goldsmith shop can do? I used to part time in a small shop when I was a student. They have tools that can help enlarge if the size diff is not too big - and on the spot too.

If the diff is too big, there is danger that the ring may snap (again depend on how slim/thick it is).

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby coolbreeze » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:48 pm

Any goldsmith shop will do but best to go back to the same shop where u bought them.

coolbreeze
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:11 pm

coolbreeze wrote:Any goldsmith shop will do but best to go back to the same shop where u bought them.

Too long ago! I've had this ring for more than 20 yrs. I find my knuckle is getting a bit big (with age) and it can be a squeeze to get it on and off on some days.

Any idea what the charges might be?

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:14 pm

hquek wrote:Thought any goldsmith shop can do? I used to part time in a small shop when I was a student. They have tools that can help enlarge if the size diff is not too big - and on the spot too.

If the diff is too big, there is danger that the ring may snap (again depend on how slim/thick it is).

Thank! Any idea what the charges might be? And where can I find a goldsmith these days? I haven't bought jewellery for more than 20 yrs!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Integer » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:29 pm

The last time I did it where I bought the rings from. So no charge. That was many yrs back, not sure abt now.

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hquek » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:31 pm

Not too ex la. But sorry no clue. Have u thot of wearing it as a pendant? I had an indian tr who showed us her wedding ring on a thick chain ard her neck (v long time liao...so can't recall if its her idea or custom to do it that way).

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby hquek » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:53 pm

Not too ex la. But sorry no clue. Have u thot of wearing it as a pendant? I had an indian tr who showed us her wedding ring on a thick chain ard her neck (v long time liao...so can't recall if its her idea or custom to do it that way).

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby bb_ mom » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:02 pm

Renew your vows and get a new ring? :smile:

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Integer » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:10 pm

hquek wrote:Not too ex la. But sorry no clue. Have u thot of wearing it as a pendant? I had an indian tr who showed us her wedding ring on a thick chain ard her neck (v long time liao...so can't recall if its her idea or custom to do it that way).

Not sure whether it's Indian custom but I've also seen other races wearing their rings such. Sometimes they look nice too!

OT : My wedding ring long time can't wear liao. Expanded once, now cannot wear again. It's ok cos my chubby fingers can never make the ring look gd anyway. :yikes:

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time