I am a student, I am being caned for something I did not do!

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

I am a student, I am being caned for something I did not do!

Postby Fullbanchoforce » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:15 pm

What happened was someone's shirt was being drawn on while he was sleeping, and to not get into trouble, the person who did it complained it to the discipline master with all his friends that I "did" it! I served detention for 4 hours today, and when I walked past the DM, he told me, "you're looking at a lot of strokes. Ready your bottom". This is going to affect my discipline record! The school I am attending is not my first choice, and the school is full of hooligans. I want to transfer after my mid years, but because of this, I am afraid that I would get a bad record I can't transfer out. I have been pushed around by the upper sec students quite a number of times. I really don't want to stay in this school. What should I do? The caning will be administered tomorrow. I think I'm getting 2 strokes......I have no choice but get caned, because my school doesn't want to hear the side of the "offender's" story. I hate my school, but I am not going to reveal the name. All I can say it is a school in woodlands and I am a sec 1 student. Parents who live around woodlands please dont choose this school. Biggest hint is sec1-5 all wear long pants.

Fullbanchoforce
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: I am a student, I am being caned for something I did not

Postby ngl2010 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:38 pm

Can you ask your parents to talk to the school?

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby auntieM » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:29 pm

ngl2010 wrote:Can you ask your parents to talk to the school?

Surprise that your parents are not notified about this.. ...
'A lot of strokes' for prank.. ...umm..

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby 33mama » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:55 pm

Fullbanchoforce wrote:What happened was someone's shirt was being drawn on while he was sleeping, and to not get into trouble, the person who did it complained it to the discipline master with all his friends that I "did" it! I served detention for 4 hours today, and when I walked past the DM, he told me, "you're looking at a lot of strokes. Ready your bottom". This is going to affect my discipline record! The school I am attending is not my first choice, and the school is full of hooligans. I want to transfer after my mid years, but because of this, I am afraid that I would get a bad record I can't transfer out. I have been pushed around by the upper sec students quite a number of times. I really don't want to stay in this school. What should I do? The caning will be administered tomorrow. I think I'm getting 2 strokes......I have no choice but get caned, because my school doesn't want to hear the side of the "offender's" story. I hate my school, but I am not going to reveal the name. All I can say it is a school in woodlands and I am a sec 1 student. Parents who live around woodlands please dont choose this school. Biggest hint is sec1-5 all wear long pants.

speak to a teacher whom you are close to and trusted you. ask for his/her help.

33mama
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby autumnbronze » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:50 am

Dear Mr Lim,

I do not know what is your intention of posting the above information.

I can only say that it will not do justice to your reputation as a tutor.

Please do bear in mind that the above poster is a tween.

Could you please delete your posting?

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby buds » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:58 am

ngl2010 wrote:Can you ask your parents to talk to the school?

auntieM wrote:Surprise that your parents are not notified about this.. ...
'A lot of strokes' for prank.. ...umm..

Assuming that your parents have not been informed, I believe to resolve the issue is to come clean with your parents. If it's true you're innocent ie. not involved in this prank in any way and intentionally made as scapegoat, which in turn will get you strokes, you should speak up. At this juncture, this seems to be the only choice you have right now. I am as surprised that this prank warranted caning. Was it told to you that it'd be administered in P's office or in the hall?

If this caning is not eventually carried out, do consult a teacher you can speak to, like a school councillor with regards to being scruffed up by the seniors. I'm assuming there's one in the school no matter how bad the school is. Talk to them on how you can better deal with this.

Take care.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:29 am

Math Tutor Mr Lim

While we may not know the full story behind what had really happened to the student in mention, I believe further exposing him at this point (in a public forum) is not helping this boy. Even if we cannot help him directly in any way, as parents reading his account, what little we can do at this point may merely be to offer guidance or suggestions as to how to approach this issue at hand.

While we may not necessarily get him out of the rut, we can at least be sensitive not to write him off.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Fullbanchoforce » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:44 am

I am going to meet the DM to tell him that I did not do it.

Fullbanchoforce
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby buds » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:48 am

Good on you. :hugs:

My thoughts will be with you today. :xedfingers:

PS. Did u get to speak to your parents abt it?

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:59 am

Fullbanchoforce wrote:I am going to meet the DM to tell him that I did not do it.

Most importantly - tell your parents! In any case, the school is supposed to inform parents before meting out any corporal punishment, and your parents can ask to be present. If your parents will stand up for you, that will help a lot. Also, if there is a teacher who you can count on to speak for your character, ask them to help you in whatever way they can. If there is only circumstantial evidence based on the words of this one boy, there should be room for doubt.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time