Pampered True Blue Singaporeans, watch out!

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Pampered True Blue Singaporeans, watch out!

Postby pirate » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:25 am

With a new group of kiasu parents not expected to join until nearer the P1 registration season, recess is getting boring.

So, here's a little something to spice things up. Watch out for the turbo-charged, armour-plated, 18-wheeled truck heading our way! I think it may have flight functions too...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-04-15/grads-remake-china-workforce-as-high-end-threat-to-u-s-.html

pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3926
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:09 pm
Total Likes: 163


Re: Pampered True Blue Singaporeans, watch out!

Postby ngl2010 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:34 am

pirate wrote:With a new group of kiasu parents not expected to join until nearer the P1 registration season, recess is getting boring.

So, here's a little something to spice things up. Watch out for the turbo-charged, armour-plated, 18-wheeled truck heading our way! I think it may have flight functions too...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-04-15/grads-remake-china-workforce-as-high-end-threat-to-u-s-.html

But nearer to P1 registration season, the debate on the unfairness of certain phases is same old same old. It is getting boring too. :shrug:

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 6029
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 2:03 pm
Total Likes: 68


Re: Pampered True Blue Singaporeans, watch out!

Postby janet88 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:50 am

Near p1 registration, there are always newly registered members...some make unpleasant comments about unfairness of phases...disappear soon after. What to do? Open forum. :shrug:

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 33740
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am
Total Likes: 111


Re: Pampered True Blue Singaporeans, watch out!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:06 pm

pirate wrote:... Watch out for the turbo-charged, armour-plated, 18-wheeled truck heading our way! I think it may have flight functions too...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-04-15/grads-remake-china-workforce-as-high-end-threat-to-u-s-.html


You are forgetting that we are also helping to produce some of these turbo-charged trucks too :) Hopefully that would count for something in the long term. Dunno.

Sidetrack. Who is more valuable? An MIT Sloan School graduate or a graduate from the other school across the river: Harvard Business School?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Re: Pampered True Blue Singaporeans, watch out!

Postby wonderm » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:19 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
pirate wrote:... Watch out for the turbo-charged, armour-plated, 18-wheeled truck heading our way! I think it may have flight functions too...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-04-15/grads-remake-china-workforce-as-high-end-threat-to-u-s-.html


You are forgetting that we are also helping to produce some of these turbo-charged trucks too :) Hopefully that would count for something in the long term. Dunno.

Sidetrack. Who is more valuable? An MIT Sloan School graduate or a graduate from the other school across the river: Harvard Business School?


Equally valuable. The school name counts, but only up to a point. Beyond that, it depends on the other things in the person's CV and how he conducts himself at the job interview.

It is like the question "which sec school is the best?" :wink:
Last edited by wonderm on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wonderm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1233
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:03 pm
Total Likes: 75



Re: Pampered True Blue Singaporeans, watch out!

Postby floppy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:24 pm

wonderm wrote:
Equally valuable. The school name counts, but only up to a point. Beyond that, it is the other things in the person's CV and how he conducts himself at the job interview.

It is like the question "which sec school is the best?" :wink:


I know the answer to that question.
"My sec school."

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2829
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:48 pm
Total Likes: 73


Re: Pampered True Blue Singaporeans, watch out!

Postby wonderm » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:26 pm

floppy wrote:
wonderm wrote:
Equally valuable. The school name counts, but only up to a point. Beyond that, it is the other things in the person's CV and how he conducts himself at the job interview.

It is like the question "which sec school is the best?" :wink:


I know the answer to that question.
"My sec school."


Hey I have the same answer as you! Did we attend the same Sec school?

:rotflmao:

wonderm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1233
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:03 pm
Total Likes: 75


Re: Pampered True Blue Singaporeans, watch out!

Postby floppy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:31 pm

wonderm wrote:Hey I have the same answer as you! Did we attend the same Sec school?

:rotflmao:


I am quite sure most of us attend the same sec school :evil:

Unless someone seriously believe that the reason of him/her being here today has nothing to do with "my sec school", then "your sec school" is probably the better one.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2829
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:48 pm
Total Likes: 73


Re: Pampered True Blue Singaporeans, watch out!

Postby wonderm » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:36 pm

floppy wrote:
wonderm wrote:Hey I have the same answer as you! Did we attend the same Sec school?

:rotflmao:


I am quite sure most of us attend the same sec school :evil:

Unless someone seriously believe that the reason of him/her being here today has nothing to do with "my sec school", then "your sec school" is probably the better one.


:goodpost: :celebrate:

wonderm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1233
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:03 pm
Total Likes: 75


Re: Pampered True Blue Singaporeans, watch out!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:39 pm

floppy wrote:I know the answer to that question.
"My sec school."


I disagree. My secondary school is probably one of the worst I could have attended. But it did make me appreciate good schools ever since, so I guess it was good in some ways :roll:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Next

Return to Recess Time