Shakespeare in the Park

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Shakespeare in the Park

Postby slmkhoo » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:59 pm

Has anyone been before? Which entrance of Fort Canning Park should we use? We are not driving. What should we bring? Can we bring food and drinks? Thanks!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Shakespeare in the Park

Postby jetsetter » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:57 pm

You can take MRT to Dhoby Ghaut MRT, exit towards Park Mall. Take elevator from lobby to Level 4, cut thru Park Mall Carpark, cross traffic light junction and FCP is right in front of you.

From the website, I understand you can bring your own picnic basket and mat. I used to bring cheese, wine, crackers and sandwiches for WOMAD Festival:) Since it's out in the open, do bring your brolly, hat and wear comfy attire.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:02 pm

Hmm? What's this event all about? A link would be most appreciated!

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby jetsetter » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:10 pm

https://www.sistic.com.sg/events/venice0514

Shakespeare in the Park - The Merchant of Venice

Presented by Singapore Repertory Theatre
Part of the Audi Classics 2014
30 Apr - 25 May 2014
Fort Canning Park

THE POUND OF FLESH, WHICH I DEMAND OF HIM,
IS DEARLY BOUGHT, 'TIS MINE AND I WILL HAVE IT?

From the company that brought you Othello, Twelfth Night, Macbeth, A Midsummer Night’s Dream and Much Ado About Nothing.

Spread a picnic blanket under the stars, uncork that bottle of wine and lose yourself in the rich world of The Merchant of Venice, where all that glisters is not gold. Join Shylock, one of Shakespeare’s most sympathetic villains, and the quick-witted Portia in their pursuit of justice and mercy.

With its lavish sets and seasoned cast, Shakespeare in the Park has become a highly anticipated event in Singapore’s cultural calendar. With over 30,000 people attending Othello last year, book your tickets early in order not to miss this fabulous and affordable outdoor theatre experience.

SRT’s Education Department offers various programmes to deepen your students’ learning experience. These programmes are complimentary to schools who make a group booking for The Merchant of Venice. They can also be made available for S$500 to schools without ticket bookings. Click here for more information.

For group/school bookings of 20 tickets or more, please contact our Sales Manager, Frank at 6733 8166 or frank@srt.com.sg.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby A better tomorrow » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:17 pm

Oh . So it is about the merchant of venice .
Interesting ..
When is it till?

A better tomorrow
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby bb_ mom » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:22 pm

jetsetter wrote:You can take MRT to Dhoby Ghaut MRT, exit towards Park Mall. Take elevator from lobby to Level 4, cut thru Park Mall Carpark, cross traffic light junction and FCP is right in front of you.

From the website, I understand you can bring your own picnic basket and mat. I used to bring cheese, wine, crackers and sandwiches for WOMAD Festival:) Since it's out in the open, do bring your brolly, hat and wear comfy attire.

Insect repellant too!

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schweppes » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:33 pm

bb_ mom wrote:
jetsetter wrote:You can take MRT to Dhoby Ghaut MRT, exit towards Park Mall. Take elevator from lobby to Level 4, cut thru Park Mall Carpark, cross traffic light junction and FCP is right in front of you.

Insect repellant too!

Don't forget the fans - battery operated or hand powered ones.

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby bb_ mom » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:46 am

schweppes wrote:
bb_ mom wrote:
jetsetter wrote:Since it's out in the open, do bring your brolly, hat and wear comfy attire.

Insect repellant too!

Don't forget the fans - battery operated or hand powered ones.

The kind that can spritz water would be even better.

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:18 am

So the entrance to use is the Canning Rise entrance? Some of the websites for the performance give the address as River Valley Road, which confused me. My daughter is going with her school this Friday, and hopefully will be briefed properly today. She's supposed to meet there, and being quite blur I'm afraid she'll get lost! Looks like I may have to go with her to make sure she finds her school group.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:40 am

slmkhoo, how about getting your dd to meet her friends at the MRT? They can all walk to the venue together.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Recess Time