Sec sch students do CIP to help public transport company?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Sec sch students do CIP to help public transport company?

Postby polkajane » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:02 pm

Are Ping Yi Secondary students doing CIP? If it is, not sure whether is it ethical for secondary school to use their student CIP hours to aid a profit driven transport company.

[YOUR LETTERS] TRANSPORT AUTHORITIES FORCING SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS TO DISTRIBUTE FLYERS?
Dear editor,

I hope you can share this and let the general public know how MOE and Transport ministry are making use of our children.

My son is a student in Ping Yi Secondary School. The school has asked my son and his friends to distribute flyers to the public at bus stops to raise awareness about the new feeder bus service 222 in Chai Chee.

This is outrageous! Why do you need to use students to raise awareness of a profit driven organisation? Their exams are also around the corner. Why are the transport authorities so desperate now?

polkajane
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Sec sch students do CIP to help public transport company

Postby BlueBells » Fri May 02, 2014 9:39 am

Not too sure about others, but if my children has to clock any CIP hours outside the school compound, I have to sign a consent form, and there would be communication from the school.

The article said, "... The school had asked my son and his friends ..." ; surely asked is not the same as saying it is compulsory?

We only have the parent's view, if his son is being forced, then this should be verified with the child and school in the presence of the Principal.

BlueBells
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Sec sch students do CIP to help public transport company

Postby limlim » Sat May 03, 2014 8:40 pm

The question is, who stand to benefit from this dissemination of information?

The commuters (public) or only the bus company?

if the public benefit, I don't feel why is there an issue (unless you drive only).

Awareness of public transport arrangements benefits the general public. Although it is now a privatized company, it is still a public transport company.

Also, the bus route maybe is determined by LTA and not the bus companies?

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time