Crocodile in reservoirs

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Crocodile in reservoirs

Postby i.love.to.learn » Mon May 05, 2014 10:35 am

400kg Barney crocodile found dead..on yesterday's news. since when did our reservoirs have crocodiles? :? :imdrowning:

i.love.to.learn
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Crocodile in reservoirs

Postby phtthp » Mon May 05, 2014 5:29 pm

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon May 05, 2014 5:54 pm

i.love.to.learn wrote:400kg Barney crocodile found dead..on yesterday's news. since when did our reservoirs have crocodiles? :? :imdrowning:

Err... I think we are supposed to grieve, not fear... :duck:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby buds » Mon May 05, 2014 6:48 pm

One of a canoeing event I participated in was held at a reservoir. My partner was someone older who was not into sports, didn't have enough arm power nor stamina to paddle much. She was also so conscious about capsizing that we eventually capsized a few times and moved on again. I was dead exhausted paddling for two and at the finish point where everyone was huddled, all of us cold from the drizzle and a breezy day.

My partner was relieved to be out of the canoe first and she was supposed to help me pull up the canoe to shore. I came out, still knee deep in water when my other team members chanted, "Keep pushing (the canoe)! Don't stop! Keep pushing! Don't look back." Initially I thought they were cheering my partner and I on but the intensity of their chanting escalated to make me feel something seemed out of place. I tried to turn round to look but everyone screamed and told me to keep pushing. I'm so petite. My partner hardly pulling. Quickly two trains of people formed. Everyone locked arms. One to pull my partner up and the other train to help me pull up the canoe to higher ground.

The minute the canoe rested on the flat grass patch, the train of people swapped to pull me up. Then I thought, surely I can look now. At how far I've travelled the whole day. That's when someone shouted, "Legs up!!" Everyone's eyes were fixated at something behind me. So I literally lifted my legs up and allowed myself to be pulled up by my team mates, over my canoe, scraping my knees in the process.

At the corner of my eye, a croc slowly descended its body into the reservoir. It was actually gliding silently behind me as I reached the end point of the event. :faint:

That was the day, everyone of us there said almost simultaneously.

"Who knew there were crocs in here..."
Last edited by buds on Mon May 05, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon May 05, 2014 6:52 pm

buds wrote:One of a canoeing event I participated in was held at a reservoir. My partner was someone older who was not into sports, didn't have enough arm power nor stamina to paddle much. She was also so conscious about capsizing that we eventually capsized a few times and move on again. I was dead exhausted paddling for two and at the finish point where everyone was huddled, all of us cold from the drizzle and a breezy day.

My partner was relieved to be out of the canoe first and she was supposed to help me pull up the canoe to shore. I came out, still knee deep in water when my other team members chanted, "Keep pushing (the canoe)! Don't stop! Keep pushing! Don't look back." Initially I thought they were cheering my partner and I on but the intensity of their chanting escalated to make me feel something seemed out of place. I tried to turn round to look but everyone screamed and told me to keep pushing. I'm so petite. My partner hardly pulling. Quickly two trains of people formed. Everyone locked arms. One to pull my partner up and the other train to help me pull up the cano to higher ground.

The minute the canoe rested on the flat grass patch, the train of people swapped to pull me up. Then I thought, surely I can look now. At how far I've travelled the whole day. That's when someone shouted, "Legs up!!" Everyone's eyes were fixated at something behind me. So I literally lifted my legs up and allowed myself to be pulled up by my team mates, over my canoe, scraping my knees in the process.

At the corner of my eye, a croc slowly descended its body into the reservoir. It was actually gliding silently behind me as I reached the end point of the event. :faint:

That was the day, everyone of us there said almost simultaneously.

"Who knew there were crocs in here..."

:scared: :faint: which reservoir was this?!

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Funz » Mon May 05, 2014 6:54 pm

Quite amazing that everyone remained so calm. I thought it will be natural reaction to scream, "CROC, GET OUT OF THE WATER! HURRY!" "CALL THE POLICE!" cos the norm today is call the police for anything, everything.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby buds » Mon May 05, 2014 6:58 pm

Call police for everything.. :laugh: So true.

I told them, they could've just screamed "Crocodiiiilllllle!!!!" "Ruuuuuunnnnnn!!!" But they said the croc was really "hot on my heels".. that I was exhausted.. that a cause for alarm or panic would cause either the croc to hasten the chase and snap snap or I'd have fallen backwards and also snap snap. :faint:

My heart was beating so fast the whole night trying to get that episode out of my mind.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon May 05, 2014 7:06 pm

buds wrote:Call police for everything.. :laugh: So true.

I told them, they could've just screamed "Crocodiiiilllllle!!!!" "Ruuuuuunnnnnn!!!" But they said the croc was really "hot on my heels".. that I was exhausted.. that a cause for alarm or panic would cause either the croc to hasten the chase and snap snap or I'd have fallen backwards and also snap snap. :faint:

My heart was beating so fast the whole night trying to get that episode out of my mind.

OK, may not have been funny at that moment, but then, a buaya hot on buds' tail... now, that wouldn't be a first, would it? :evil:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby buds » Mon May 05, 2014 7:08 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:OK, may not have been funny at that moment, but then, a buaya hot on buds' tail... now, that wouldn't be a first, would it? :evil:

:wrongmove:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby phtthp » Mon May 05, 2014 7:36 pm

Do not go reservoir.

Crocodile can climb out of water, hide in long bushes or grass, keep silent, ready to pounce on kids, eat them up

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time