This Mother's Day

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

This Mother's Day

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon May 05, 2014 2:46 pm

This Mother's Day, let us not indulge ourselves in thinking about what we deserve as parents who have made so much sacrifices for our children.

Let us instead reflect on what our own mothers have done for us. The things we loved about our mothers. The things we hated about our mothers, because we were too young to understand the meaning of their actions. The things that make us ashamed now when we think about how we behaved to our mothers because of this misunderstanding.

Let me share one such personal experience here.

I missed my mother.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Re: This Mother's Day

Postby Beatrice_NoQ » Mon May 05, 2014 6:05 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:This Mother's Day, let us not indulge ourselves in thinking about what we deserve as parents who have made so much sacrifices for our children.

Let us instead reflect on what our own mothers have done for us. The things we loved about our mothers. The things we hated about our mothers, because we were too young to understand the meaning of their actions. The things that make us ashamed now when we think about how we behaved to our mothers because of this misunderstanding.

Let me share one such personal experience here.

I missed my mother.

Beautifully written story. I do enjoy your prose. Amen to that - reflecting on what our mothers have done for us. And it is this exact appreciation of our mothers that propels us to be the best mothers we can ever hope to be for our own children. :)

Beatrice_NoQ
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby dolphinsiah » Mon May 05, 2014 7:07 pm

媽媽一生中常說的八個「謊言
大家不要被騙!

對媽媽好一點!愛媽媽的一起分享吧!

1、飯不夠,媽媽說,我不餓。
2、家沒錢,媽媽說,我不喜歡新衣服。
3、東西少,媽媽說,我不愛吃。
4、早起晚睡,媽媽說,我不困。
5、疲憊不堪,媽媽說,我不累。
6、外出沒錢買飲料,媽媽說,我不渴。
7、給媽媽寄錢,媽媽說,我不缺錢。
8、患病住院,媽媽說,我沒事。

dolphinsiah
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Integer » Mon May 05, 2014 7:31 pm

I miss my mum too. :cry: A lot. Just visited her today at the temple...

In fact, I feel she came back to visit me last nite. A moth was on my bed and I commented to DH : hey, my mum is here. I reached out with my hand and it flew a little. I asked the moth :Mum, is that u? The moth then flew onto my 2nd finger and stayed there for a while....

I believed my mum was here ytd as recently we have some major domestic issues, I guess she's worried....

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby autumnbronze » Mon May 05, 2014 7:47 pm

Integer wrote:I miss my mum too. :cry: A lot. Just visited her today at the temple...

In fact, I feel she came back to visit me last nite. A moth was on my bed and I commented to DH : hey, my mum is here. I reached out with my hand and it flew a little. I asked the moth :Mum, is that u? The moth then flew onto my 2nd finger and stayed there for a while....

I believed my mum was here ytd as recently we have some major domestic issues, I guess she's worried....

Hi Integer,

So there is some truth in the myth of the moth?

A loved one passed on suddenly very recently. He was someone I looked up to when I was young. But lately, we had not been in touch for some time.

The next night, without my knowledge, my DH said he saw a moth in our room while i was asleep and tried to chase it away. Then, the next morning, when i tried to clear some clothes after i woke up, the moth i think was resting on one of my clothes, flew ard and when i turned ard to follow its movement, it was gone. After that, i have not seen any moths in my room nor in my flat.

I was puzzled and googled to find out more about moths. It was then that I realized its significance.

I felt an immense measure of comfort then .....

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Integer » Mon May 05, 2014 7:54 pm

autumnbronze wrote:
Integer wrote:I miss my mum too. :cry: A lot. Just visited her today at the temple...

Hi Integer,

So there is some truth in the myth of the moth?

A loved one passed on suddenly very recently. He was someone I looked up to when I was young. But lately, we had not been in touch for some time.

The next night, without my knowledge, my DH said he saw a moth in our room while i was asleep and tried to chase it away. Then, the next morning, when i tried to clear some clothes after i woke up, the moth i think was resting on one of my clothes, flew ard and when i turned ard to follow its movement, it was gone. After that, i have not seen any moths in my room nor in my flat.

I was puzzled and googled to find out more about moths. It was then that I realized its significance.

I felt an immense measure of comfort then .....

Hi AB,

I believe in the moth significance.

My mum passed away in 2005. Every yr during Qing Ming period, a moth will visit us. I believe it's her.

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Mon May 05, 2014 8:56 pm

Mothers' day does not fall on just this coming Sunday but EVERYDAY.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Mon May 05, 2014 9:06 pm

:snuggles:
一定是!

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Integer » Mon May 05, 2014 9:23 pm

jetsetter wrote:

:snuggles:
一定是!

:hugs:

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bb_ mom » Mon May 05, 2014 9:24 pm

janet_lee88 wrote:Mothers' day does not fall on just this coming Sunday but EVERYDAY.

:goodpost:

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time