Lesson from Flappy Bird

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Lesson from Flappy Bird

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon May 05, 2014 5:17 pm

I have not played Flappy Bird myself, but the way by which the game creator is walking away from a jackpot of money 2 months ago by pulling off his #1 game from the Apple Appstore is so unbelievable that I find myself drawn to this story.

Apparently, the guy walked away because he felt that the game was too addictive for people and is ruining their lives. "I am the master of my own fate," he says, as he killed his own game that was generating him an income of USD$50,000 a day.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/flappy-bird ... ly-speaks/

At first I thought the guy was nuts, but in retrospect, I found myself admiring his guts and his principles. Making money is one thing. But if it done at the expense of other people's well-being, it becomes blood money. He certainly didn't do it because he was trying to be famous - the guy was already famous by owning the #1 game in Appstore. He did it because he knows exactly what he wants in life - simplicity and guilt-free.

How many other people would do something like that? Certainly not any of those creators of Flappy Bird knock-offs that are appearing every 24 minutes :)

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Re: Lesson from Flappy Bird

Postby i.love.to.learn » Thu May 08, 2014 9:41 am

i tried. cant even get past the first barrier. :stompfeet: still prefer my candycrush and 2048! haha..

i.love.to.learn
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Lesson from Flappy Bird

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu May 08, 2014 9:47 am

i.love.to.learn wrote:i tried. cant even get past the first barrier. :stompfeet: still prefer my candycrush and 2048! haha..

I've never seen or played it before :) Apparently, your phone is now worth lots of money if it has the original Flappy Bird installed :wink:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Return to Recess Time