My heart skipped a beat when I saw this! :yikes:

auntiexxx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Video of Toddler's Brush with Death

Postby atrecord » Tue May 06, 2014 5:30 pm

auntiexxx wrote:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152031193787031

My heart skipped a beat when I saw this! :yikes:

Sigh... it would have been worse for your heart i assure you, if you were the driver!

How can the mother not hold on to the toddler tight on the road?? Any one of the 2 drivers had a momentary lapse in concentration (like looking at the phone or chatting and turning to passengers when doing so), would definitely end in a tragedy...

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue May 06, 2014 7:02 pm

If you observe closely just before the toddler appeared in front of the car taking the video, the kid actually dodged 2 other cars when he ran across the road from the other side of the road. So it was a total of 4 cars that he dodged. The last one, which was the taxi, was the most dangerous, as it was likely the taxi's view from the right would have been blocked by the car taking the video. Thank God the car that took the video has the presence of mind to honk, so as to warn everyone around him.

If the kid is a cat, he would have lost 4 of his 9 lives by now. I'm just thankful that nothing happened, that the kid is safe, and that the drivers do not have to live their lives with the trauma of having been involved in another tragedy.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Funz » Tue May 06, 2014 7:10 pm

:faint:

I would have gotten out of the car and given the stupid woman a good scolding. She appears to be trotting calmly behind the kid rather than hitching up her skirt and running like there is no tomorrow after that todd.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schweppes » Tue May 06, 2014 8:37 pm

:yikes: :scared:

I know we are supposed to watch what we say here but really @#!!!@^)(*&^ at that woman :stupid: :mad:

It is so scary to think of the unthinkable!!

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby SAHM_TAN » Tue May 06, 2014 9:00 pm

I wonder what happened. My feel is that somehow the toddler "escaped" from adult supervision. Whoever was looking after him could have been distracted by whatever and in the blink of an eye the toddler was on the road. Just glad that the parents do not have to suffer the fate of 白发人送黑发人 and the drivers are safe.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby auntiexxx » Tue May 06, 2014 10:12 pm

SAHM_TAN wrote:My feel is that somehow the toddler "escaped" from adult supervision. Whoever was looking after him could have been distracted by whatever and in the blink of an eye the toddler was on the road.

What are we adults for? Aren't we supposed to protect our little ones? No matter how much a child struggles to free himself, no matter what tantrums the child throws to get away, don't we adults know better than to let go? :stompfeet:

Just takes a split second for an accident to happen! :sad:

auntiexxx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Sim85 » Tue May 06, 2014 11:51 pm

Very very lucky to have escape unhurt. Parents should be more careful next time. Any distraction can cause a serious consequence.

Sim85
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby atrecord » Wed May 07, 2014 2:02 pm

Sim85 wrote:Very very lucky to have escape unhurt. Parents should be more careful next time. Any distraction can cause a serious consequence.

Actually, on reviewing it, i guess the woman could be the grandmother instead of the mother? If she was the mother, once she saw the toddler running across the road, maternal instinct should made her sprint like usain bolt to chase after the toddler, rather than what we see in the video, like a humpty dumpy cannot even catch up like that...

If cannot take care, don't. Hope she learns her lesson, else it's a disaster waiting to repeat itself...

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pirate » Wed May 07, 2014 3:11 pm

Maybe she is just the babysitter. :siam:

pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time