200+ schoolgirls kidnapped in Nigeria

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

200+ schoolgirls kidnapped in Nigeria

Postby Dora1 » Tue May 06, 2014 10:12 pm

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/mobile/latestnews/nigerian-parents-say-boko/1096808.html

I am not sure why the rest of the world is so silent on this. My blood boiled when I read this. They were kidnapped because they were reviving education. The CMI gov cannot find them after so long, actually I doubt they really tried. :mad:

I really cannot imagine what the girls are going thro right now :cry:

Dora1
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: 200+ schoolgirls kidnapped in Nigeria

Postby tutormum » Tue May 06, 2014 10:48 pm

Dora1 wrote:http://www.channelnewsasia.com/mobile/latestnews/nigerian-parents-say-boko/1096808.html

I am not sure why the rest of the world is so silent on this. My blood boiled when I read this. They were kidnapped because they were reviving education. The CMI gov cannot find them after so long, actually I doubt they really tried. :mad:

I really cannot imagine what the girls are going thro right now :cry:

The issue is religion. The Christian Media reports lots of such news esp. on prosecution of Christians in the world. Our Social Media doesn't cover a lot of news. They only touch the tip of the iceberg unless it's popular like MH370. I always go to other sources like BBC and Youtube.

I also don't understand why Channel 8 repeats their news the next day at 1pm daily. That would be history by then. :slapshead: :slapshead: I rather they report news that happens in the morning which would be hot off the press literally.

tutormum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: 200+ schoolgirls kidnapped in Nigeria

Postby atrecord » Wed May 07, 2014 2:38 pm

Unfortunately, there are still a lot of 3rd world countries in the world, and Africa houses mostly them. These are places where laws of the jungle prevail still, even if there is a govt.

My colleague said that he was in a car on a biz trip some years ago in Nigeria, and there was another vehicle chasing after the one he was in (a distributor was ferrying him), and the people inside that vehicle were hold machetes...

Last year got the shopping mall rampage in Kenya right? Somalia, Rwanda, Ethiopia, plus many others i'm sure...

But to target young girls is truly atrocious...

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time