My 19 months daughter is afraid swimming pool.

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

My 19 months daughter is afraid swimming pool.

Postby Sim85 » Sat May 10, 2014 12:35 pm

Hi Guys,

Just few days back i bring my daughter to Pasir Ris Swimming Complex. There is two super water slides, fun water playground and paddling pools. Tot my daughter will be happy and in the end backfire. My daughter was crying non stop when i try to put her down into the water playground. This is the second time i bring her to a swimming pool and her reaction was so different than the first time. I was thinking maybe is the water sound or the environment is different. Any suggestion to overcome her fear?

Tks

Sim85
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: My 19 months daughter is afraid swimming pool.

Postby jetsetter » Sat May 10, 2014 3:38 pm

water temp...go to a warm water pool. buy a neck float...join aqua ducks? swim in bathtub first?

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sim85 » Sat May 10, 2014 4:42 pm

Hi Jetsetter,

Yeah tks for telling might be the water temp i never tot of that. Okay will try the next round. The last time i did bring a float along i try to put her down she keep crying. yeah will try the bathtud thing also. Tks =)

Sim85
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby jetsetter » Sun May 11, 2014 2:29 pm

SIm85:
I'm sure you've heard of Hwa Xia BabySpa right? It's got many outlets islandwide. Warm water bath tub.

Where do you live? There's AquaBambinos at Serangoon Gardens too. It's warm water pool.
http://www.whatthefish.net/bsplash/

Aquaducks is also very popular.
http://www.aquaducks.com.sg/programmes/infants

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Sun May 11, 2014 4:09 pm

Could be a lot of reasons. Is this the same swimming pool as the first time? Possible reasons could be size of pool, temperature of water, noise, no. of people, splashing of water, etc. Is your daughter a timid child? My older girl always took a lot of time to get accustomed to things, and I usually had to introduce things slowly. You can try going at a quieter time, and let her get used to the water slowly, eg. just letting her dip her feet, then hands etc.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sim85 » Sun May 11, 2014 5:05 pm

Hi Jetsetter,

Yeah heard of pass by many time also buy never try before. Maybe should try one.
I am staying at Seragoon area. Thanks for the links it really good. Might be sending my daughter for swimming lesson. :smile:

Hi Slmkhoo,

Nah is different. The first time no people and no noise. Very quiet environment.
High chance is the cold water and noise and splashing of water. Haha yeah she
Is quite a timid girls. Yeah will follow your steps I think that will help a lot. :smile:

Really appreciated for the reply guys. Tks

Sim85
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Recess Time