Blogger Vs PM

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Blogger Vs PM

Postby dolphinsiah » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:22 am

The recent hot topic" PM VS Blogger" , makes me feel very upset. :shock:

I did not read what the Blogger wrote about the CPF Policy which made our PM very mad.
But I assume what the Blogger wrote is to get the attention of SG citizens -what is happening to our CPF money.

I discussed with my teen -Is it necessary for the PM to sue the Blogger?
The Blogger has removed the post and apologized. To me I feel is it better to settle it out of court.

I observe that our Local Politicians like to sue ...
I observe that Overseas Politicians even when they debate/hit each other during Parliament they do not sue each other.

I do not see leaders in US/UK/Europe suing each other or taking their citizens to court.

Singapore is such a small country.
For a PM to sue a Blogger....just make me upset. In fact I feel embrassed.

Note: I am not supporting the Blogger. I am against the PM suing the Blogger. Let's hope the PM changes his mind.

dolphinsiah
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Blogger Vs PM

Postby Sun_2010 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:00 am

dolphinsiah wrote:The recent hot topic" PM VS Blogger" , makes me feel very upset. :shock:

I did not read what the Blogger wrote about the CPF Policy which made our PM very mad.
But I assume what the Blogger wrote is to get the attention of SG citizens -what is happening to our CPF money.

So its ok to defame someone for the sake of drawing attention?
Do you know , the blogger has posted about CPF before, that time there was no "objection" raised by anyone. The reason was what he was not incriminating any individual.

I discussed with my teen - Is it necessary for the PM to sue the Blogger?
The Blogger has removed the post and apologized. To me I feel is it better to settle it out of court.
Have you seen the apology and what he did after the apology? Its makes a mockery of the term "sorry".

I observe that our Local Politicians like to sue ...
I observe that Overseas Politicians even when they debate/hit each other during Parliament they do not sue each other.

I do not see leaders in US/UK/Europe suing each other or taking their citizens to court.

Singapore is such a small country.
For a PM to sue a Blogger....just make me upset. In fact I feel embrassed.

Note: I am not supporting the Blogger. I am against the PM suing the Blogger. Let's hope the PM changes his mind.

I have the typical tendency to support the underdog. But unlike the common opinion that the Opp are the underdogs, right now, I feel the govt is the underdog. The opposition mostly are opportunists, whose job is to find flaws, suggest populist short term gain but long term disaster solutions and stir up resentment.
This, of course, is just my opinion. :shrug:

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:04 am

I am "touched" by the ability to raise so much money within a few days...

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby dolphinsiah » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:50 am

I am sure the whole world knows that the Blogger will lose to the PM.

Just hope that PM can 退一步以德服人!

His whole team can just continue to apply damage control on the CPF Policy.

Singaporeans are wise people who will analyse information carefully.

dolphinsiah
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:52 am

Sun_2010 wrote:I have the typical tendency to support the underdog. But unlike the common opinion that the Opp are the underdogs, right now, I feel the govt is the underdog. The opposition mostly are opportunists, whose job is to find flaws, suggest populist short term gain but long term disaster solutions and stir up resentment.

It's difficult to see incumbents as underdogs :) . Usually underdogs are the challengers who want to change status quo. And every party will use any opportunity to make themselves look good and others look bad. That's what politics are.

The best we can do as observers is to remain open to all information, avoid confirmation bias as much as we can, so that we can be discerning when it comes to processing the tons of information we receive from multiple sources. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with people questioning policies (or what you might classify as "finding flaws"), as it is a way making the system more robust. A transparent system is a secure system, because it is subject to external scrutiny which makes it easier for people to find and eliminate weaknesses. The problem comes when people make assumptions and draw conclusions using limited knowledge and information, and if they are biased in a certain way, they would process the information selectively to skew it towards their own beliefs. The best way to overcome this is to keep the system transparent so that any information asymmetry can be eliminated, and conclusions can be tested based on actual evidence.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

1 people like this post

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:54 am

starlight1968sg wrote:I am "touched" by the ability to raise so much money within a few days...

I don't think those that donated 1 cent are really sincere in helping the guy :roll:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby floppy » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:00 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Sun_2010 wrote:The opposition mostly are opportunists, whose job is to find flaws, suggest populist short term gain but long term disaster solutions and stir up resentment.

It's difficult to see incumbents as underdogs :) . Usually underdogs are the challengers who want to change status quo. And every party will use any opportunity to make themselves look good and others look bad. That's what politics are.

Finding flaws, suggest alternative solutions (be it short term gain/long term disaster, or long term gain/short term disaster - matter of perspective), stir up resentment (???)... err.. I thought that's exactly the role of the alternate or opposition party.

No difference when PAP was a part of the opposition.
Last edited by floppy on Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:04 pm

I am not sympathetic towards this blogger and won't pay for his mistake, not even "ngerng kor" ($2)! The mistake he made was he did not criticise the system in general, like his smarter buddies Leong SH, but allude it to a pending criminal case City Harvest, and more critically, assasinate a person's character without substantial concrete evidence. Smarter bloggers like Alex Au would act like a gentleman and duly remove posts after warning letters were served, but this young blogger was insincere and secretly sent links to the hidden posts to his readers and posted another sympathy seeking video immediately. The disturbing thing was not the amount he managed to raise in 4 days (and would definitely be able to for the estimated $250,000 worth of damages to a public figure of high intl standing). It was the deafening silence from his hong lim picnic friend, Gilbert Goh. Roy is merely a Healthcare worker in TTSH. Someone must have fed a stack of lame stats to this blogger who stupidly came up with those bizarre accusations and run away to hide now.
Last edited by jetsetter on Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:06 pm

Sun 2010. I also support underdogs but not stupid dogs. I want my CPF back at 55 too but i know we are living longer now.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby GLORYmum » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:09 pm

jetsetter wrote:I am not sympathetic towards this blogger and won't pay for his mistake, not even "ngerng kor" ($2)! The mistake he made was he did not criticise the system in general, like his smarter buddies Leong SH, but allude it to a pending criminal case City Harvest, and more critically, assasinate a person's character without substantial concrete evidence. Smarter bloggers like Alex Au would act like a gentleman and duly remove posts after warning letters were served, but this young blogger was insincere and secretly sent links to the hidden posts to his readers and posted another sympathy seeking video immediately. The disturbing thing was not the amount he managed to raise in 4 days (and would definitely be able to for the estimated $250,000 worth of damages to a public figure of high intl standing). It was the deafening silence from his hong lim picnic friend, Gilbert Goh. Roy is merely a Healthcare worker in TTSH. Someone must have fed him with a stack of lame stats to this blogger who stupidly came up with those bizarre accusations and run away to hide now.

his小动作backfired.
let's not be part of the political agenda of anyone, underdogs or stupid dogs.

GLORYmum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time