WHO TO SEEK REDRESS FROM?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

WHO TO SEEK REDRESS FROM?

Postby gumiho » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:14 pm

Hi,

I was been retrenched by my ex-company due to lost of a major customer and the company practice is "Last in First out" as I was the last personnel to join the dept.

I'm back to work on 05.10.09 and balance 2 weeks M/L however they only reimbursement me 10.5 days due to HR Personnel claim they calculate by the working days. My 2 days Childcare Leave was been forfeited.

They jolly well know that I just delivered a baby and she is only 4mths old. All my ex-colleagues (including my ex-manager) also knew that I had employed a maid who had joined us for 4 days only. My eldest daughter will be attending PCF Sparkletots next year. All of the above cost us a BOMB and yet they choose to retrench me whereas the other 2 of my colleagues are financially stable.

Well..... The only reason I can think of was favourtism and discrimination.

During my pregnancy (1st Trimester) with my ex-company, my manager had been adding a lot of pressure on me. Even when I told her I need to take ½ day leave to see doctor (due to bleeding), she bang the drawer and slammed the file on her desk. (I admit I took Urgent Leave and Medical Leave quite frequently) One day I cannot stand the pressure added by my manager, I cried hysterically in front of my Gynae and he wanted to give me 3 days MC to rest at home but I’m afraid my manager will vent her anger at me again. Therefore, I took only ½ day (the same day I went to my Gynae) and reported work the following day. Out of goodwill, my Gynae even wrote a letter to my manager informing her that I needed a lot of rest. For the past 1 week, I'm down with depression and was crying almost every hour.

When I told my ex-manager I need to take leave on 04/01/10 & 05/01/10 due to school opening and I need to bring my child for orientation, she told me to discuss with my ex-colleague (as her kids also school re-open). My manager obviously is making things difficult for me, my ex-colleague insisted in taking 2 whole days Annual Leave hence there were simply no room for discussion. I told my ex-manager the same (as what my colleague told me), she gave me the annoying look until I begged her that I will only take ½ day leave on 04/01/10 then she approved my Annual Leave. I felt that I was been treated unfairly as in why my colleague can take 2 Full days Annual Leave whereas I have to beg for ½ day leave. There once whereby I told her I need to take leave the following day to source for new maid, she replied me sarcastically “I’m used to it.” We need to employ a maid urgently as our previous maid is leaving us therefore I have no choice but to apply Urgent Leave.

I received a sms from my HR Personnal asking for my 2nd child Birth Cert as I was too busy thus I simply forgot abt it. Until this morning, she called me again (when I was sleeping) and I told her I will returned her called. I rushed out of the house immediately as I was late for my appointment and I received 6 missed calls from my HR Personnel. Frankly speaking, who is able to hear their hp ringing when they are at a noisy place especially in Hawker Centre? Afterwhich, she dropped me an sms threatening me that she will bring up this issue to CPF Board if I refuse to produce the Birth Cert to her. I feel that she is incorrigible and childish. Seriously, I'm piss off by her sms because I didn't do it on purpose.

1) May I know which goverment body can I seek redress on the unfair treatment by my ex-manager?

2) What can I do with the stupid act of my HR Personnel ?

3) I strongly believe my retrenchment was pre-planned. May I know who can I raise my greviance to ?I had seek help from AWARE & MOM but to no avail.

gumiho
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby kiasimom » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:01 pm

Hmmm... if all else fails, you can consider going to your MP.

kiasimom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby gumiho » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:09 pm

kiasimom wrote:Hmmm... if all else fails, you can consider going to your MP.

May I know how to obtain help from MP ?

gumiho
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby kiasimom » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:41 pm

You first have to find out who is your MP on the Tampines newsletter.
From there, you will be able to know the Meet the people session.
On the very day, go and take a "Q" number and wait for your turn to meet the MP.

kiasimom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby gumiho » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:22 pm

kiasimom wrote:You first have to find out who is your MP on the Tampines newsletter.
From there, you will be able to know the Meet the people session.
On the very day, go and take a "Q" number and wait for your turn to meet the MP.

Oh no.... "Meet the people" session is over. What am I going to do ?

gumiho
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby kiasimom » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:47 pm

Wait for the next one :-)
Don't give up.

kiasimom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby gumiho » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:09 pm

kiasimom wrote:Wait for the next one :-)
Don't give up.

It is a monthly or yearly session ?

gumiho
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Keroppi30 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:10 pm

Hi fionong

Depending on your job nature and basic salary you may be able to seek help from MOM.

Keroppi30
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby gumiho » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:16 pm

Keroppi30 wrote:Hi fionong

Depending on your job nature and basic salary you may be able to seek help from MOM.

I had contacted MOM but I find that they are siding the Employer.

gumiho
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby kiasimom » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:24 pm

Hi fionong,

It is usually twice a month.

Which street do you live in Tampines? I can find out for you.

kiasimom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time