Make tattooing legal for above 18 only

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Make tattooing legal for above 18 only

Postby kiasimom » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:05 pm

I have seen many teenagers with abundent tattoos all over the body.
Some have it on their chest, their arms, their legs and on their back.

And many of the people that I have seen are teenangers, most of them are probably still attending school.

They have the tattoos on discreet areas that can be covered with their clothes.

Tattooing is permanent. It will stay with a person forever, Even laser cannot remove it like it was before.

I have nothing against people with tattoo.

The reason why I hope that the government will impose a ban for teenangers below 18 to get a tattoo is because the teenangers are still young and may not be able to make a sound decision. Not forgetting tattoo is permanent.

If the government can ban the sale of cigarettes to people below 18, they should do the same for tattooing.

kiasimom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby skunk » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:42 pm

it's already illegal.

But the problem is, it's illegal for a tattoist to give a tattoo to anyone under 18 without parental consent, it's not illegal for someone to receive a tattoo under 18 yrs of age.

So many teens have tattoos done in JB or ask someone with a tattoo-gun brought in from m'sia to do it for them.

Anyway, what's the prob with tattooing, even for someone under 18? There are so many more much more unsound decisions a teen can make, i think our emphasis is on the wrong areas.

Just like how some parents quarrel with their teens over tattoos, earrings, clothes, but never question their religious/moral beliefs?

I won't be against my child having tattoos when she decides to have one, but i will have a damm big problem if the tattoo is very ugly HAHAHAHA!!!

skunk
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby kiasimom » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:06 pm

Hmmmm, skunk,

I wish I will be as cool as you.
I am definitely against the idea of my children having tattoos :-(

kiasimom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby aspring » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:35 pm

I would not allow my kid to have tattoo until they are 20+ and are out for work for some time or may be i should say until they are mature enough to make this decision. As tattoo is forever i dun want they to regret after that.

Reccently my bil just have a tattoo on his arm, when my son which is 5 saw it he say " eyuck what is that so ugly" actually i think the design my bil have is not ugly at all lar but i am glad my son say so :) and i also told him you must be like uncle like that 30 plus liao working liao den can have tattoo

aspring
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby sashimi » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:58 pm

But it's the same with smoking isn't it? I see teens smoking everywhere and nobody's stopping them.

sashimi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby kiasimom » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:42 pm

sashimi wrote:But it's the same with smoking isn't it? I see teens smoking everywhere and nobody's stopping them.

Nobody reports them. And buying cigarettes is easy. Just get someone above 18yo to buy for you. But for tattoo, we can't get someone to do it for us:-)

So all tattoo artistes have to check the IC of the person intending to get a tattoo before they proceed.

Skunk says the teenagers can cross the border to get tattoos.
Just like we can cross the border to buy untax cigarettes.
It is a matter if the teenangers will want to take the trouble to cross the borders.

kiasimom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby skunk » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:37 am

sashimi wrote:But it's the same with smoking isn't it? I see teens smoking everywhere and nobody's stopping them.

if it's only smoking, it's not a big deal really.

I would only get worried if it's not tobacco inside that cigarette.

skunk
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Recess Time