SAF 'looking into': feigned mental illness to get discharged

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

SAF 'looking into': feigned mental illness to get discharged

Postby Integer » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:42 am

SAF 'looking into' blogger who feigned mental illness to get discharged

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/ ... discharged

Blogger posted on SAF Facebook Confessions :

"Hello people, I would like to share my PES F story.
Before I start, here is to the people who say people who chao keng are pussies, hum ji, ball-less, etc. Not everyone is suited for the military. Not everyone is made for getting shouted at by sadistic superiors. For my case, I decided that NS pay of $480 was not going to cover my housing rent, my car installment, my food and my other expenses. I was not going to give up my freedom for a national duty.
Here is my story. I enlisted directly into HRI as PES E9L9 due to 'depression' (as diagnosed by IMH). I first started going to IMH a year before enlistment to build up a case to get a down pes. True enough, I got downgraded to E9L9 from A. As I only have a private diploma and O levels, being PES A will definitely make me a chiong sua man. To me, my business and career is more important than NS. We can leave the NS to those who aim just to be a mediocre person in life.
On the day of enlistment, I knew I had to shave my head. Thus I managed to get a memo from the IMH psychiatrist to request an excuse from cutting hair. A bald head would just make taking MCs from hospitals harder. Despite the memo, the commanders were adamant about cutting hair. I then acted up, curled into a ball, clutched my head and start sobbing as loud as I could. Immediately, the OC told me it will be fine and asked me to get it cut myself outside. He then asked me to go see my doctor and I went to IMH. I only spent 1 hour in camp throughout my entire NS life. After walking out of the camp, I immediately went to IMH a&e department and got myself a 4 day MC.
As the 4 day MC came to an end, I realized I could not go back to camp as I could not leave my work (that would result in me having no money). I then started a spree of MCs from hospital A&Es and polyclinics. These ranged from 1-5 day MCs. Although there is a directive that MCs more than 3 days must be endorsed, I just said I was too sick to leave the house and there was nothing they could do. I believe, somewhere along the line, they instructed hospitals to stop giving me MCs as the MCs started to dwindle to 1 day in duration. I then began to impersonate officers, pilots and even had friends dress up as my superiors wheel me in on wheelchairs to the A&E. Let's just say luckily the hospitals can't verify this.
About a month into the MC spree, they had sent MPs to my house multiple times and claimed I wasn't home (I was at work obviously). Some bastard officer then threatened to charge me for not being at home when on MC. I immediately replied and yelled at him in a maniac voice that I was indeed at home and had just taken sleeping pills issued by the doctor. Why am I not allowed to rest when on MC? Need I be awake just for their stupid house visits?. I then threatened to go see my MP and talk to the press about them harassing me when I was trying to rest and this young punk officer immediately backed off.
The finale and PES F came when one day, they tried to get the police to breach my door down while I was on MC. Luckily I was at home and opened the door to the surprise of the police officers. I then conveyed my intent that I was sick and wanted to rest without being disturbed. They then left without protest.
Knowing that they would soon do more unscrupulous things, I checked myself into IMH for a 2 day resort stay fully paid for by our dear Mindef. The psychiatrist then asked if I would like to continue NS and I replied that I do not want to see people in army uniform as I wish to kill them. Immediately upon my discharge, they scheduled me to see an SAF psychiatrist and he gave me the most Honourable award the SAF can issue, a PES F as well as a 2 month MC to cover me from returning to camp while the PES F processes.
Two weeks later, a call from my camp informed me that my IC could be collected back. I went down, took my IC and walked out a free man, free of any reservist obligations, duty to obtain exit permits. I was and am elated.
In total, I was enlisted for a total of one month and two weeks, out of which, I spent only an hour in camp. On average, I spend one hour for each day MC making me effectively serve NS for one hour per day. Given the monthly allowance of $480 and given that I spend 5 hours a week taking MC, I am roughly paid $24 per hour to take MCs, making me the highest paid NSFs in service.
So to all PES F hopefuls, I want to encourage you to take this path. It is a path more exclusive than OCS, as only a select few can actually attain this highest honour. Don't be fooled by what some people say about PES F people being unable to be hired. The world is your oyster. Even if no one wants to hire you (very unlikely as people in the private sector don't give a fuck about NS and would be happier if you had no NS obligations), start a business or carve your own career. Don't let the negativity of people who verbally abuse 'chao kengsters' affect you. Majority of this people have the 'just suck it up attitude' and are happy with a mediocre life. I'm not and I am sure you are not. I want to excel and succeed and challenge the impossible.
They said it was impossible to PES F and avoid hair cuts, but I did it nonetheless.
So go out and get your PES F and let the world see.
Sincerely,
A PES F-ed Recruit."

Integer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: SAF 'looking into': feigned mental illness to get discha

Postby starlight1968sg » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:45 am

Dont know what to say about the mindset & attitude of that person...

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby floppy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:04 am

starlight1968sg wrote:Dont know what to say about the mindset & attitude of that person...

I think that mindset is actually quite prevalent... The saying "bo geng bo chu peng" is there for a reason.
However, not everyone can pull it off and make it work.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby AC_Power » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:06 am

Probably fabricated.

Such a huge drama staged and so much details divulged, I am sure SAF wouldn't have any problem zeroing down to the person by going through their records.

If the person indeed is speaking the truth, he is either an idiot or already migrated out of Singapore and denounced citizenship.

AC_Power
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby starlight1968sg » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:18 am

AC_Power wrote: If the person indeed is speaking the truth, he is either an idiot or already migrated out of Singapore and denounced citizenship.

I am more inclined to think the former...

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby phtthp » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:42 pm

This chap got bad, attitude.
means he always try to look for a road to escape, whenever he can't take stress.
No good

When he work next time, anytime he can't take it -
will take MC readily.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby floppy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:52 pm

phtthp wrote:This chap got bad, attitude.
means he always try to look for a road to escape, whenever he can't take stress.
No good

will take MC readily.

How did you come to that conclusion... that he can't take stress?
Assuming what he says is true (and I seriously doubt it), considering the number of doctor/MP/commander visits/chit chats, he can probably endure a lot more stress than you give him credit for.

Morals aside, to endure that level of scrutiny, to put in the effort with such meticulous planning and to have the guts to pull off a stunt like that, I would say he's CEO material.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby KSP » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:54 pm

i don't believe SAF can have this kind of loophole..... probably it's a makeup story....

KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby KSP » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:59 pm

floppy wrote:
phtthp wrote:This chap got bad, attitude.
No good

will take MC readily.

How did you come to that conclusion... that he can't take stress?
Assuming what he says is true (and I seriously doubt it), considering the number of doctor/MP/commander visits/chit chats, he can probably endure a lot more stress than you give him credit for.

Morals aside, to endure that level of scrutiny, to put in the effort with such meticulous planning and to have the guts to pull off a stunt like that, I would say he's CEO material.

CEO :yikes: teach ppl how to take more MC :laugh: :rotflmao: and :siam: from protecting the country..... :siao: :faint:

KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 12mum » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:00 pm

True or false, this person îs in trouble already.

12mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time