Shocking!! Not for the weak heart.....it's depressing..

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Shocking!! Not for the weak heart.....it's depressing..

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:04 pm

especially when this is my favourite species on earth.... :cry:

I am still in shock myself when I receive this as WORLD SHAME but I would like to seek clarification if any one can shed light on why this is happening? I don't want to just read this off an email which may just be spam mail. If someone can advise if this is actually happening and why, it would help. Thanks.

These are only some sample pictures I am loading here, if deemed inappropriate, mod, kindly remove.

This looks like sea tainted with red paint...but it's red blood.. :!:

Why are they killing the dolphins?

Why are people just standing by and watching this grossly cruel act?

Please educate me what they get out of doing this?

Postby 3Boys » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:15 pm

Context please? Where did you pull the pictures from?

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 3Boys » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:19 pm

Whale hunting has been going on for centuries. Looking at the background, is this Norway perhaps? In my view, if one accept the slaughter of animals for food, then I do not really see a difference between say, a whale vs a tuna, or a pig vs a dog.

Yes, its a pretty dramatic scene, but from the way the are going about it, it does seem like its been something that's been happening for a long time already and the bystanders seem pretty well used to it.

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:30 pm

3Boys wrote:Context please? Where did you pull the pictures from?

Pardon me for my ignorance, this was an email sent to me to sign up to stop this world shame thing on cruelty which I was clueless about. It said in the email was something teens do to prove adulthood...

Here's what I found from googling, sorry I am still trying to digest what is happening myself:

http://www.politicalarticles.net/blog/2 ... adulthood/

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:34 pm

3Boys wrote:Whale hunting has been going on for centuries. Looking at the background, is this Norway perhaps? In my view, if one accept the slaughter of animals for food, then I do not really see a difference between say, a whale vs a tuna, or a pig vs a dog.

Yes, its a pretty dramatic scene, but from the way the are going about it, it does seem like its been something that's been happening for a long time already and the bystanders seem pretty well used to it.

I am ignorant...there is a Dolphin Killing Festival in Denmark. :!:

Postby EN » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:06 pm

Ds and myself have been reading, browsing the web and watch documentaries on whale and sharks. Both senseless killing are meant for commercial purposes.

The Dolphin Killing Festival is news to me.

EN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Andaiz » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:08 pm

ks2me wrote:I am ignorant...there is a Dolphin Killing Festival in Denmark. :!:

:!: news indeed ks2me. Learnt something new and senseless today. Thanks for the interesting bit.

Andaiz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby autumnbronze » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:21 pm

ks2me wrote:

there is a Dolphin Killing Festival in Denmark. :!:

This is really sick and ... I just can't find any other word to describe my feelings... and I thought what the our neighbouring Asian cty was doing when they caught tuna fish was bad!!!

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby tutormum » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:54 pm

The 'killers' don't look like teenagers to me. If want to prove manhood, why not go for circumcision? I just had my dinner. :sick:

tutormum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:02 pm

Hi all, I am really speechless that in this century where Internet is so widely used and information readily available, we still have people observing senseless traditions.

I still don't understand the significance of killing dolphins after reading the articles other than being savages and acting barbaric. Like what tutormum says, why can't they find some other less repulsive and more humane rituals if they really need to have one?

Next

Return to Recess Time