Both equally annoying
35%

Total votes : 17

Which one irks you more?

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:14 am

I am perturbed by the following conditions:

1. State of untidiness
2. State of unclean environment

so I have to do something about it. However if time is a constraint, the one that irks me more is the second state. For untidiness, I still have some tolerance, if 乱中有序 I can still maintain my sanity.

I have not reached extreme spectrum like a friend I know. He has a high need for order that his marriage ended because he could not tolerate the "opposites" of his spouse any longer. For me, I find it acceptable in my spouse because I already know he will never be like me since I know him day 1 in this area. So for the unmarried, note that this trait can potentially wreck a marriage.

What about you?

Postby autumnbronze » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:15 pm

state of unclean environment is tops IF given only one choice.

I am particular about cleanliness but my DH is 10x more. Sometimes it gets annoying cuz he ends up TELLING me how I shd 'run the house' :roll:

That said, I have to give him credit that b4 we got a helper, he did help me out with the housework :D

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Re: Which one irks you more?

Postby KingRascal » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:30 pm

State of untidiness - i cannot stand when things are not in their proper places. I have to place them back even if it means I have to use it in a short period of time. However I have "loosen" it a little recently, telling myself to bear with the sight. For example, I would put back the hugh tongs and the coaster sheet into the drawer after every cooking episode, knowing that I would use it again probably in the next meal in the same day. Now, I merely leave it beside the cooker...

State of unclean environment - I am ok with this if it's not that bad...except with the toilets. Toilets must be clean. It does not help when you have 2 male users!! My HB simply cannot be counselled to help prevent the urine splashes and droplets!

At time when my week's rather tied and I know my floor is dusty, I wear home sandals so that I don't feel it :lol: :lol: :lol:

ks2me wrote:I am perturbed by the following conditions:

1. State of untidiness
2. State of unclean environment

so I have to do something about it. However if time is a constraint, the one that irks me more is the second state. For untidiness, I still have some tolerance, if 乱中有序 I can still maintain my sanity.

I have not reached extreme spectrum like a friend I know. He has a high need for order that his marriage ended because he could not tolerate the "opposites" of his spouse any longer. For me, I find it acceptable in my spouse because I already know he will never be like me since I know him day 1 in this area. So for the unmarried, note that this trait can potentially wreck a marriage.

What about you?

KingRascal
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:34 pm

autumnbronze wrote:state of unclean environment is tops IF given only one choice.

I am particular about cleanliness but my DH is 10x more. Sometimes it gets annoying cuz he ends up TELLING me how I shd 'run the house' :roll:

That said, I have to give him credit that b4 we got a helper, he did help me out with the housework :D

Wah good to have such a hub if his tolerance is lower, then he will lift his fingers more.. You are one lucky woman! :love:

Re: Which one irks you more?

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:39 pm

KingRascal wrote:State of untidiness - i cannot stand when things are not in their proper places. I have to place them back even if it means I have to use it in a short period of time. However I have "loosen" it a little recently, telling myself to bear with the sight. For example, I would put back the hugh tongs and the coaster sheet into the drawer after every cooking episode, knowing that I would use it again probably in the next meal in the same day. Now, I merely leave it beside the cooker...

Yes I know what you mean about the "loosen" part. As much as it irks me, I have "improved" alot since having kids and have "loosen" alot. I used to be more anal in being spick and span, something like Bree in "Desperate Housewives" but she is quite extreme in certain areas but when I watch her, I cannot help but identify with her.. :lol:

State of unclean environment - I am ok with this if it's not that bad...except with the toilets. Toilets must be clean. It does not help when you have 2 male users!! My HB simply cannot be counselled to help prevent the urine splashes and droplets!

At time when my week's rather tied and I know my floor is dusty, I wear home sandals so that I don't feel it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Yes! I can relate to this home sandals thing. However, my tolerance level for this is quite low, I will have to get it out of the way within a day or so. A lousy environment just spoils my day. :tongue:

Postby buds hubs » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:53 pm

autumnbronze wrote:I am particular about cleanliness but my DH is 10x more. Sometimes it gets annoying cuz he ends up TELLING me how I shd 'run the house'

hahaa.. reminds me of myself.. sometime buds gets annoyed too :lol: but I still think that i do a better cleaning job than her... :P

buds hubs
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby autumnbronze » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:09 pm

Sorry if I am digressing, but since cleanliness is also an issue and many of you have young kids .....

Just out of curiosity ...

Do you:

1. carry dettol wet wipes when out with kids and if you go to a restaurant/hawker centre and if the seats are dirty, wipe them?? I get really annoyed when the high chair is really dirty. You will be surprised to find that even some good resaturants don't maintain cleanliness of their high chairs. I give up asking them to clean it cuz don't know if the cloth they are using is clean. So I use dettol wet wipes.

2. wash your hands and feet aft going out, even if its out to the provision shop nearby

3. change into your 'home clothes' immediately after returning home before sitting down on the sofa, chair, lying on the bed etc...?? DH is quite anal abt this. So whenever aft guests leave, the sofa would be wiped throughly ...

4. wipe the interior of the car eg steering wheel aft going to the mkt or doc??

:D :D :D Got a lot more lah, but no time to type all, gotta go cook.

That said, aft having a child though, we too have loosen up ... but just a tiny weeny bit :wink: :wink:
Last edited by autumnbronze on Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby autumnbronze » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:11 pm

buds hubs wrote:
hahaa.. reminds me of myself.. sometime buds gets annoyed too :lol: but I still think that i do a better cleaning job than her... :P

Haiz, think the both of you would get on VERY well. He KNOWS he does a better job in cleaning than me - quote unquote :roll: :roll: :wink:

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby buds hubs » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:21 pm

autumnbronze wrote:Do you:

1. carry dettol wet wipes when out with kids and if you go to a restaurant/hawker centre and if the seats are dirty, wipe them??
ANS: Yes.. buds and I do bring along dettol wipes to wipe tables and seats of hawker centres, fast food restaurants & even some restaurants.
2. wash your hands and feet aft going out, even if its out to the provision shop nearby.
ANS; Yes, most definately. Both DD1 & DD2 knows that they have to head straight to the toilet to wash up once they return home from anywhere.. cannot take any chances.
3. change into your 'home clothes' immediately after returning home before sitting down on the sofa, chair, lying on the bed etc...?? DH used is quite anal abt this. So whenever aft guests leave, the sofa would be wiped throughly ...
ANS: We have loosened up a bit on this but most of the time, we would change into home clothes before sitting on our bed.
ANS: Yup.... its a good idea to do so isnt it??

My answers are in bold..now go & start cooking.. & dont forget to wash your hands.. :lol:

:celebrate:

buds hubs
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby autumnbronze » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:02 pm

buds hubs wrote:
autumnbronze wrote:Do you:

1. carry dettol wet wipes when out with kids and if you go to a restaurant/hawker centre and if the seats are dirty, wipe them??
ANS: Yes.. buds and I do bring along dettol wipes to wipe tables and seats of hawker centres, fast food restaurants & even some restaurants.
2. wash your hands and feet aft going out, even if its out to the provision shop nearby.
ANS; Yes, most definately. Both DD1 & DD2 knows that they have to head straight to the toilet to wash up once they return home from anywhere.. cannot take any chances.
3. change into your 'home clothes' immediately after returning home before sitting down on the sofa, chair, lying on the bed etc...?? DH used is quite anal abt this. So whenever aft guests leave, the sofa would be wiped throughly ...
ANS: We have loosened up a bit on this but most of the time, we would change into home clothes before sitting on our bed.
ANS: Yup.... its a good idea to do so isnt it??

My answers are in bold..now go & start cooking.. & dont forget to wash your hands.. :lol:

:celebrate:

BTW, your avatar reminds me of the Dancing Baby episode in Ally McBeal, don't tell me you are a fan of the series??? :wink: :D

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Recess Time