Speed Camera Captured By Traffic Police (Overhead Bridge)

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Speed Camera Captured By Traffic Police (Overhead Bridge)

Postby GiftedGem » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:51 pm

Lately while driving, I have spotted couple of times whereby these TPs are at the overhead bridge , standing with their tripod cameras, aiming at vehicles on the extreme right lane and monitor closely their driving speeds.

Along Lornie towards Adam road (near The Japanese Association), once I saw TP at the overhead bridge and he was hiding so well that one would never think that he was there. Apparently, he leveraged on the steel beam pole and placed his camera next to it. If those who are familar driving that stretch will know the max limit is 70km/h. But to some, they still din realise, thinking this is traffic light free and exceeding 70km/h.

Below are the few spotted :-
1) PIE towards Jurong ( Near Catholic JC before exit 18)
2) Macritchie viaduct flyover ( Near Mediacorp towards Adam Rd)
3) Towards Changi Road (Near Singapore Expo )

Btw, the speed camera after Eng Neo Ave and before BKE (Woodland), any idea if this is a dummy set? Cos I see some drivers speeding more than 100km/h.

GiftedGem
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Speed Camera Captured By Traffic Police (Overhead Bridge

Postby GLORYmum » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:53 pm

GG, thanks for the heads up !!

GLORYmum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:08 pm

along Lornie, there are two overhead bridges. I have seen TP/LTA folks there with cameras. Actually, it's quite obvious once you know their modus operandi.

Lornie speed limit is 70km/hr. Can understand why they want to watch Lornie. The lanes are not as wide, winding some more...

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby atrecord » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:21 am

Imami wrote:along Lornie, there are two overhead bridges. I have seen TP/LTA folks there with cameras. Actually, it's quite obvious once you know their modus operandi.

Lornie speed limit is 70km/hr. Can understand why they want to watch Lornie. The lanes are not as wide, winding some more...

That was the place where I was caught for speeding almost 10 yr ago… it's a long road, with only two traffic lights that are rarely red. In the afternoon when there are few cars, and if you're in a hurry, it's quite easy to exceed the 70 km/h limit. Must really be careful.

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sushi88 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:43 am

If I remember correctly what my friend said, there is also demerit points of 12?

sushi88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BigDevil » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:12 pm

Depends on by how much you exceeded the speed limit.

See here.

BigDevil
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby atrecord » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:27 pm

sushi88 wrote:If I remember correctly what my friend said, there is also demerit points of 12?

yes, i remembered i got some points. Think it was 6...

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:31 pm

atrecord wrote:
sushi88 wrote:If I remember correctly what my friend said, there is also demerit points of 12?

I think big devil is right (didn't see the link though). It's a staggering system. The demerit points depends on how much the driver has exceeded the speed limit.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:35 pm

atrecord wrote:
Imami wrote:along Lornie, there are two overhead bridges. I have seen TP/LTA folks there with cameras. Actually, it's quite obvious once you know their modus operandi.

That was the place where I was caught for speeding almost 10 yr ago… it's a long road, with only two traffic lights that are rarely red. In the afternoon when there are few cars, and if you're in a hurry, it's quite easy to exceed the 70 km/h limit. Must really be careful.

On lornie, don't play play. There are indeed some blind spots and potential pitfalls which can be avoided if we keep to a reasonable speed.

You probably exceeded more than 20km/h that time (to be served demerit points). If the speed is about 10km/h more than the indicated speed limit, typically they send you a love letter, telling you,"don't do it ah.... I am watching..." :evil:

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sushi88 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:43 pm

Imami wrote:
atrecord wrote:

I think big devil is right (didn't see the link though). It's a staggering system. The demerit points depends on how much the driver has exceeded the speed limit.

Oops! 12 points is for exceeding 40km/h... i.e. >110km/h quite doable for some people on that stretch if they often drive on the highway. :sweat:

sushi88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time