How Honest are the People of Singapore?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

--Very honest, each time I carelessly leave my belongings behind in a public place or shopping mall or anywhere, I get it back
No votes
--Some what honest, my lost item gets returned to me sometimes
78%
--Very dishonest, the items that I carelessly leave behind are never returned
22%

Total votes : 9

Postby gardener » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:46 pm

Hi Kiasuparents,

Have you or your children ever carelessly left their mobile phones, wallets or other personal belongings behind in shopping malls, public toilets or even in school and never to find them again even though they were only left behind for a very short duration?

Unfortunately, one of my family members is very very forgetful. He has left behind a mobile phone in a school Lab and never found it. Left his exercise watch in school toilet and never found it. Left behind a brand new mobile phone in a shopping mall toilet and never found it. His friend lost his whole school bag in school with brand new textbooks inside and never found it either.

Are the people of Singapore so dishonest? Or is it just our bad luck?
Please share your experiences and join in the poll.

Thank you!

gardener
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: How Honest are the People of Singapore?

Postby Blessedwife » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:06 pm

This happens all the time in other countries too
So I don't see why there is a need for this poll

Blessedwife
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby gardener » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:13 pm

Blessedwife wrote:This happens all the time in other countries too
So I don't see why there is a need for this poll

Ermm but I don't live in other countries. And I would like to know if it's just us or do others have the same experience.

gardener
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby janet88 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:17 pm

what's the point of starting this thread?

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 12mum » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:49 pm

gardener wrote:Hi Kiasuparents,

Have you or your children ever carelessly left their mobile phones, wallets or other personal belongings behind in shopping malls, public toilets or even in school and never to find them again even though they were only left behind for a very short duration?

Unfortunately, one of my family members is very very forgetful. He has left behind a mobile phone in a school Lab and never found it. Left his exercise watch in school toilet and never found it. Left behind a brand new mobile phone in a shopping mall toilet and never found it. His friend lost his whole school bag in school with brand new textbooks inside and never found it either.

Are the people of Singapore so dishonest? Or is it just our bad luck?
Please share your experiences and join in the poll.

Thank you!

Aiyoh,

Are the people of Singapore dishonest? Best answer is 50/50 lah.

Our bad luck? You are mean your family member's bad luck as in your post? Well, I wouldn't blame it on bad luck and forgetfulness when it is actually the carelessness and perhaps Bochap attitude that cause him to lose things.

Just curious, if you pick up $5 on the road, what would you do?

A) remain at the spot and wait for the owner to come looking
B) ask everyone in sight if he drop $5
C) owner never turn up, no time to wait, can't decide who the actual owner is, so report to police :?

:wink:

A good thread to start my holidays... :please: :thankyou:

12mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:53 pm

I think passers-by have been heroic to help the victim in today's robbery. :salute:
http://news.asiaone.com/news/crime/lapt ... fles-place

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby wiimum » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:43 am

In most of the scenarios that the OP has listed, it involved brand new items, I think it is too much of a temptation for the finder to return the items.
some of the situations has happened to my family members but never brand new items and in about 90% of the cases, we managed to get it back somehow. Either at the lost and found corner or the item is still lying around at the same place.
When I called the mobile phone that was misplaced at the Popular Expo sale, it was left with the cashier by the person who found it. :-)
So I am still optimistic that people are generally honest but if you leave your brand new items carelessly around, you are asking for trouble. I think a certain amount of personal responsibility is warranted here. Eg if you lose your brand new items, pay for the replacement. (ouch!) I think the lesson would sink in.
Just my opinion.

wiimum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Recess Time