10% discount on Esso petrol

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

10% discount on Esso petrol

Postby atrecord » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:06 am

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but this will benefit drivers who pump Esso petrol, so hope it's all right.

Esso at Hougang Ave 3 is closing down end of this month, and is afraid of losing customers (apparently Shell won the tender for the new lease), so is giving out discount vouchers now.

The voucher comes in a booklet form, valid for 12 mth from Dec 14 to Dec 15, with 4 voucher per month, at $5 discount for every $50 pumped (10% discount). Can use at any Esso station, and is on top of all other discount apparently.

Need to pump $50 to get the voucher booklet supposedly, but they're not v strict on this.

I went yesterday. If you stay or work nearby, this is a good deal.

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: 10% discount on Esso petrol

Postby Puzz...zzle » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:53 am

Thanks for sharing atrecord :smile:
:salute:promoting Kiasu spirit !!

Puzz...zzle
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Puzz...zzle » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:10 pm

I went to pump petrol at ESSO AMK today, also get 10% off :dancing: though I pump less than $50. So it may be islandwide promotion?

Puzz...zzle
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby atrecord » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:42 am

Puzz...zzle wrote:I went to pump petrol at ESSO AMK today, also get 10% off :dancing: though I pump less than $50. So it may be islandwide promotion?

I think at the moment (or rather, all along), if you use the DBS Esso card to pump at any Esso station, for all amount, there will be this default discount:

station discount: 5%
DBS Esso card discount: 7%
[factor in smiles card (esso loyalty) discount]: 5%

estimated total default discount (using esso card) = 17%

But the additional 10% coupon in booklet discount, is meant to start only Dec 14 to Dec 15, and is on top of all default discounts. At least that's what the cashier and other car forums said...

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pacetone » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:04 am

atrecord wrote:
Puzz...zzle wrote:I went to pump petrol at ESSO AMK today, also get 10% off :dancing: though I pump less than $50. So it may be islandwide promotion?

I think at the moment (or rather, all along), if you use the DBS Esso card to pump at any Esso station, for all amount, there will be this default discount:

station discount: 5%
DBS Esso card discount: 7%
[factor in smiles card (esso loyalty) discount]: 5%

estimated total default discount (using esso card) = 17%

But the additional 10% coupon in booklet discount, is meant to start only Dec 14 to Dec 15, and is on top of all default discounts. At least that's what the cashier and other car forums said...

That will be a good deal but Hougang is kind of far for me to obtain the booklet.

pacetone
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby humour11 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:28 pm

Any parents have a spare esso disc booklet to pass on? Pls ctc me at humourr11@yahoo.com

thks,

humour11
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Recess Time