Mr Tan Chuan Jin's taxi driver income - Model Drawing Qn!

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Mr Tan Chuan Jin's taxi driver income - Model Drawing Qn!

Postby pirate » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:16 am

https://www.facebook.com/TanChuanJin1/posts/874173145958795?fref=nf
The PQ on Taxi Driver earnings seems to have created a stir. Let me make one point clear upfront, two-shift operations refer to taxis hired and driven by two or more drivers who share the rental cost. No one is encouraging anyone to drive for two-shifts....

The average net monthly earnings (less expenses) of taxi drivers in 2014 was $3,173 for a single-shift operation, and $5,933 for a two-shift operation.

Part 1 (primary school)

How much is the monthly rental of a taxi if both drivers share the rental cost equally? Marks will be given for model drawing. :wink:

Part 2 (GEP)

Extra marks will be given for cross-referencing actual taxi rental rates and explaining any discrepancy. :evil:

pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Mr Tan Chuan Jin's taxi driver income - Model Drawing Qn

Postby atrecord » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:32 am

pirate wrote:https://www.facebook.com/TanChuanJin1/posts/874173145958795?fref=nf
The PQ on Taxi Driver earnings seems to have created a stir. Let me make one point clear upfront, two-shift operations refer to taxis hired and driven by two or more drivers who share the rental cost. No one is encouraging anyone to drive for two-shifts....

The average net monthly earnings (less expenses) of taxi drivers in 2014 was $3,173 for a single-shift operation, and $5,933 for a two-shift operation.

Part 1 (primary school)

How much is the monthly rental of a taxi if both drivers share the rental cost equally? Marks will be given for model drawing. :wink:

Part 2 (GEP)

Extra marks will be given for cross-referencing actual taxi rental rates and explaining any discrepancy. :evil:

Wow, that shows that taxi drivers are quite decently paid. Surely a lot of people will want to be taxi drivers if this is true.

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:35 am

pirate wrote:https://www.facebook.com/TanChuanJin1/posts/874173145958795?fref=nf

Part 1 (primary school)

Part 2 (GEP)

:rotflmao:
Why you want to test us on "monthly rental"? Should you not ask us for "monthly income" less expenses (rental & diesel, etc.)?

http://www.taxisingapore.com/daily-taxi-rental-rates/

I think ComfortDelgro's is also $100+, while Prime's is $64. You need to factor in model of taxi, CNG or diesel, monthly diesel rebates enjoyed by the driver when they pump at the company's own kiosks.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hquek » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:36 am

Not easy hor....customers who vomit in the car, abusive passengers, passengers who become national sprinters when reach their destination (ie run away without paying).

Plus if get into accident, the taxi company will want the driver to cough up $3K in cash to cover the excess unless it's definitely not the driver fault.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby jetsetter » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:42 am

atrecord wrote:
Wow, that shows that taxi drivers are quite decently paid. Surely a lot of people will want to be taxi drivers if this is true.

But they must top up their CPF as self-employed persons (SEP). I'm referring specifically to RELIEF taxi drivers who are non-"employees" of the taxi company. Otherwise, next time有病有痛自己买单.

Principal hirers, though also SEP by MOM's definition, are regarded as "employees" of the taxi company from which they rent their vehicles. Some taxi companies like ComfortDelgro (City Cab inclusive) will co-contribute their medisave monies I recall. Smaller companies will give cash benefits to their drivers to defray their medical costs.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby JJ1111 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:44 am

My relative is driving taxi. The above show if the taxi drive 7 days a week without MC.

My relative said average he can earn $100 to $150 (on good day) a day after deducting his rental. But if he is sick. The previous day earning has to cover today rental. They still have to pay for the rental even they are sick, taxi breakdown or accident. Plus they don't have CPF. So sometime they are sick, they still have to climb out of their bed to drive. :( So end of the day $3000 is not alot (1 shift - work 12 hrs a day, 7 days a week). :(

JJ1111
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby raysusan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:16 am

being a taxi driver never easy
the way he put it as like it is a very well pay job without knowing the bad things behind those figure

raysusan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:20 pm

JJ1111 wrote:My relative is driving taxi. The above show if the taxi drive 7 days a week without MC.

My relative said average he can earn $100 to $150 (on good day) a day after deducting his rental. But if he is sick. The previous day earning has to cover today rental. They still have to pay for the rental even they are sick, taxi breakdown or accident. Plus they don't have CPF. So sometime they are sick, they still have to climb out of their bed to drive. :( So end of the day $3000 is not alot (1 shift - work 12 hrs a day, 7 days a week). :(

:goodpost:
Uncle drives a taxi. Sick means no income. He sleeps at 8pm to do the morning shift. Passengers complain when he drives slow...they expect taxi drivers to speed so as to reach destination fast. Taxi drivers also have families and usually main breadwinners.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby JJ1111 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:27 pm

JJ1111 wrote:My relative is driving taxi. The above show if the taxi drive 7 days a week without MC.

Oh ya... forget to add on. If they got Summon, their whole day earning is GONE. :(

My relative said sometime customers will demand that they do illegal u-turn or stopping. If they don't, some of the customer will write in to complain that they are rude to them. But wouldn't mention in the complain letter that they ask the taxi driver to do illegal stopping or u-turn. :mad: :mad: In the end, they will be invited to "drink coffee". They have to spend a hard time explaining. :(

JJ1111
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby pirate » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Nobody answered Part 1? Which means Part 2 answer anyhow tikam. Everybody so far got ZERO mark because never answer question. :laugh:

pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time