Gifted, misunderstood, show off, shrewd, or plain stupid?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

I feel that Amos Yee is

a gifted kid
14%
a misunderstood kid
12%
a big show off
19%
a shrewd marketer
12%
just plain stupid
42%

Total votes : 73

Gifted, misunderstood, show off, shrewd, or plain stupid?

Postby janet88 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:43 pm

That 17 year old who made disparaging remarks about the late LKY and christanity has been arrested. It's back to work for everyone today. The other boy who used PMO website to create a hoax will be the next one...maybe already facing the music.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Mr. Lee Kuan Yew

Postby stetan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:24 pm

janet88 wrote:That 17 year old who made disparaging remarks about the late LKY and christanity has been arrested. .

The 17 years old Amos have some family issues since young....his parents were separated. Let's hope he grows in wisdom and channels that anguish into something more constructive

stetan
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby phtthp » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:37 pm

stetan wrote:
janet88 wrote:That 17 year old who made disparaging remarks about the late LKY and christanity has been arrested. .

The 17 years old Amos have some family issues since young....his parents were separated. Let's hope he grows in wisdom and channels that anguish into something more constructive

below 18 year old : still a teenager, think they may let him off

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby JJ1111 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:59 pm

stetan wrote:The 17 years old Amos have some family issues since young....his parents were separated. Let's hope he grows in wisdom and channels that anguish into something more constructive

My guessing is right than.

Due to this LKY case, out of curiosity, I went to read his blog and youtube.

He write and speak very well. He love filming. He get good o'level result too - 11 points. He wrote he does not want to continue his schooling any more after o'level. What a waste. :(

Hope some social worker can step in to help and guide him. Since he is interested in filming, he should study media course which can pursue his interest. :)

JJ1111
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Coolkidsrock2 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:38 pm

JJ1111 wrote:
stetan wrote:The 17 years old Amos have some family issues since young....his parents were separated. Let's hope he grows in wisdom and channels that anguish into something more constructive

He write and speak very well. He love filming. He get good o'level result too - 11 points. He wrote he does not want to continue his schooling any more after o'level. What a waste. :(

Hope some social worker can step in to help and guide him. Since he is interested in filming, he should study media course which can pursue his interest. :)

Hope he will receive the necessary guidance.

http://alvinology.com/2012/01/18/14-yea ... -in-video/

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:02 am

17 year old Amos is described by his mother as beyond control.

A pity...hope he gets counseling and goes on the right path.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby CatMoon » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:15 am

Coolkidsrock2 wrote:
JJ1111 wrote:

Hope he will receive the necessary guidance.

http://alvinology.com/2012/01/18/14-yea ... -in-video/

I read with Amos' blogs with great horror, especially the one entitled "Amos Yee's Exciting Adventure in ZhongHua Secondary School" - a 4,100 word article.

This boy has some serious psychological issues - He sees himself as a genius with "higher intellectual capability" as a "completely unique" and a "rebellious iconoclastic individual" who is surrounded by peers whom he detest!

He seems to "detest" everybody - his classmates, his teachers, his principal, CCA trainers and student leaders -- and it seems everyone is "stupid", "superficial", "mindless drones" who unfortunately unlike him, "not validated by intelligence".

As for his supporters out there in cyberspace, bear in mind that as a self-styled "artist", he detests "stupid people who come up to me.....and having people shout your name and hyperventilate to you...."

:scared:

He is so full of hate and anger, and I can't understand how such intense anger can come from someone so young ??????????

CatMoon
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby MMM » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:18 pm

CatMoon wrote: He is so full of hate and anger, and I can't understand how such intense anger can come from someone so young ??????????

Just managed to watch a video clips on his with his parents. Pity his parents.... in moment like this he still behaved as though he got his 10 mins of fame and was smiling and waving to the reporters... :faint: This boy definitely needs counselling.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby phtthp » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:27 pm

17 years had passed, is due to his family upbringing. 17 years had been a long time. His parents have a lot of explanation to do, from the time he was a baby till teenager. ("Ren Zi Chu, xin Ben shan")

In another 4 years, he will teach 21 (adulthood)
Hopefully within these critical 4 years time frame, got counsellor to guide him back to proper path. If not, really pity him, bec he's lost without compass in life.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Coolkidsrock2 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:45 pm

Thought there were some reports that his parent(s) was/were supportive of him while there is also a report that he is beyond mother's control.

It is difficult for counsellor to undo whatever influence or event that lead to such deep rooted hatred and mindset.

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time