SIA flight 2 Shanghai had temp loss of power in both engines

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

SIA flight 2 Shanghai had temp loss of power in both engines

Postby sushi88 » Wed May 27, 2015 1:16 pm

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singap ... Jyq7w.dpuf#xtor=CS1-10

Indeed scary to read this. Read someone heard it reported on the radio that it dropped 13,000 feet

If this is due to the icing problem...why is it still not fixed yet? This is not the first time.....thank goodness we have very steady pilots to brave through this without panic... 2 engines down.... :yikes:

sushi88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: SIA flight 2 Shanghai had temp loss of power in both eng

Postby Porky Pig » Wed May 27, 2015 1:19 pm

sushi88 wrote:http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singap ... Jyq7w.dpuf#xtor=CS1-10

Indeed scary to read this. Read someone heard it reported on the radio that it dropped 13,000 feet

If this is due to the icing problem...why is it still not fixed yet? This is not the first time.....thank goodness we have very steady pilots to brave through this without panic... 2 engines down.... :yikes:

Yes very scary and I fly SIN - Pudong very often.

Porky Pig
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MyPillow » Wed May 27, 2015 1:30 pm

very scary, Rolls Royce engine, airbus plane ...
experienced and steady pilots very impt

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Wed May 27, 2015 3:16 pm

This is freaking scary!

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pirated » Wed May 27, 2015 3:24 pm

jetsetter wrote:This is freaking scary!

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forum ... n/6408417/

Sounds like 9V-SSF is a problem.

And they couldn't divert to Hkg or Szx or Can as they were in the midst of the storm I guess

Hmmm, 23 May was very turbulent around pearl River delta .... I took the similar Airbus 330 that day after the 88 miles flight
Last edited by pirated on Wed May 27, 2015 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pirated
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sushi88 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:33 pm

I wonder out of curiosity if:

1. SIA stepped up their refresher course to ensure pilots remain calm and steady when engine went off due to the tragedies that happened recently or

2. The pilots themselves diligently ensure they know the process and executed confidently due to lessons learnt from recent accidents or

3. The pilots on this flight are just exceptional people who can do crisis mgt

Can this be avoided in future? I really think the pilots are commendable and SIA also commendable for hiring and training them. And if they are learning from the past mistakes by others, also highly commendable.... :salute:

But Airbus??

I cannot help but kowtow to the pilots and SIA..
:udaman: :udawoman:

sushi88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Wed May 27, 2015 3:49 pm

Don't know about the whole situation yet, but right now just feel that it's so lucky to have this experienced and well composed pilot during the critical moment..oh please no more bad news..my heart is already weak.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby floppy » Thu May 28, 2015 2:46 pm

sushi88 wrote:Can this be avoided in future? I really think the pilots are commendable and SIA also commendable for hiring and training them. And if they are learning from the past mistakes by others, also highly commendable.... :salute:

But Airbus??

Airbus, Boeing or other make isn't the problem. Case of wrong place, wrong time and shit happens. The other famous case of all engines (4 of them!) flaming out (British Airways flight 9) is made by Boeing (B747).

As an aircraft is made of mechanical and electronic parts, it's a situation that is not avoidable. Tough luck if shit happens but pilots are generally trained to deal with 1, 2 or multiple engine failures. Flight sim often simulates past incidents to allow pilots some practice in dealing with them.

Note to self: writing about air incidents from within an aircraft isn't always the most comforting to do :rotflmao:

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sushi88 » Thu May 28, 2015 5:34 pm

Floppy, thanks for enlightening but is this not the same issue as the Air France that crashed at Alantic Ocean?

Re note to yourself....If you are writing as a pilot on a plane...at least you are in control. But if you are writing as a passenger then I say u are a brave traveller.

sushi88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sushi88 » Thu May 28, 2015 10:57 pm

Porky Pig wrote:
sushi88 wrote:http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singap ... Jyq7w.dpuf#xtor=CS1-10

Yes very scary and I fly SIN - Pudong very often.

But the good news would be stick to SIA flights.

sushi88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time