Re: Let's Talk about National Service

Post by phtthp » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:07 pm

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:139

Post by janet88 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:49 am

son had an op for his lip and nose 3 weeks ago. during his pre-enlistment checkup, he informed the cmpb doctor.
I was constantly bugged for a report from the surgeon. spoke to someone from medical report dept in SGH...he told me if mindef wants a detailed report, they should raise a formal request to MOH for it (report costs about $100 or $150)...if not, a medical officer will just give a summary, which was precisely what happened - 2 line memo which I emailed to cmpb. next week, son would have to go to cmpb for another appointment. i don't think the doctor would be able to see what has been done. son told me during the pre-enlistment checkup, the doctor had to google because he didn't know what cleft lip and palate is :yikes: :faint:

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:328

Post by phtthp » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:46 am

janet88 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:49 am
son had an op for his lip and nose 3 weeks ago. during his pre-enlistment checkup, he informed the cmpb doctor.
I was constantly bugged for a report from the surgeon. spoke to someone from medical report dept in SGH...he told me if mindef wants a detailed report, they should raise a formal request to MOH for it (report costs about $100 or $150)...if not, a medical officer will just give a summary, which was precisely what happened - 2 line memo which I emailed to cmpb. next week, son would have to go to cmpb for another appointment. i don't think the doctor would be able to see what has been done. son told me during the pre-enlistment checkup, the doctor had to google because he didn't know what cleft lip and palate is :yikes: :faint:
just photostat the detailed report, and show it to the CMPB doctor

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:18 pm

phtthp wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:46 am
just photostat the detailed report, and show it to the CMPB doctor
I did just that. emailed the exact copy to CMPB including SGH heading.
before the op, someone from CMPB asked me to get the doctor in charge to write a simple memo regarding the operation. well, I asked the doctor and he got the medical officer to do that...2 lines and signed on behalf of the doctor. I know it is insufficient, but since CMPB wanted :shrug:
son's doctor will not give a detailed report because it is chargeable (SGH protocol). mindef really cheapskate to try and avoid paying for the report.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:328

Post by phtthp » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:30 pm

then let your son explain to the CMPB doctor in detail, what exactly did the SGH doctor said.
And give the name of the SGH doctor to the CMPB (Mindef) doctor, so that CMPB doctor can contact SGH doctor directly, on medical stuff opinion. Whether Mindef or SGH, they are working for government

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:45 pm

phtthp wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:30 pm
then let your son explain to the CMPB doctor in detail, what exactly did the SGH doctor said.
And give the name of the SGH doctor to the CMPB (Mindef) doctor, so that CMPB doctor can contact SGH doctor directly, on medical stuff opinion. Whether Mindef or SGH, they are working for government
son can't explain to the CMPB doctor what was done because he is not medically trained. besides, the surgeon would only have told him briefly in layman terms what was done.
I've informed CMPB the name of the surgeon in several emails.
CMPB just wants to avoid paying for detailed medical report. PERIOD.
Last edited by janet88 on Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:247

Post by floppy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:53 pm

janet88 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:45 pm
phtthp wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:30 pm
son can't explain to the CMPB doctor what was done because he is not medically trained. besides, the surgeon would only have told him briefly in layman terms what was done.
I've informed CMPB the name of the surgeon in several emails.
CMPB just wants to avoid paying for detailed medical report. PERIOD.
I don't think MINDEF ever pays for any external report of any enlistees or NSF. Understandable considering that there could be 1,000s or tens of 1,000s of request every year (and the total amount paid would be :yikes: )

If your intention is for a downgrade, or for a medical review, the onus is on you to furnish the report (and documentary proof) - at your own cost. Otherwise, MINDEF doctor would assess based on what they know, see and find out.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:20 pm

floppy wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:53 pm
I don't think MINDEF ever pays for any external report of any enlistees or NSF. Understandable considering that there could be 1,000s or tens of 1,000s of request every year (and the total amount paid would be :yikes: )

If your intention is for a downgrade, or for a medical review, the onus is on you to furnish the report (and documentary proof) - at your own cost. Otherwise, MINDEF doctor would assess based on what they know, see and find out.
Mindef does raise requests for reports from SGH according to the guy in medical reports department.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:83

Post by ngl2010 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:26 pm

janet88 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:20 pm
floppy wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:53 pm

Mindef does raise requests for reports from SGH according to the guy in medical reports department.
When your son was discharged from SGH, you would have been given a Discharge Summary. The Discharge Summary should have more than 2 lines.

tabita
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by tabita » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:54 am

My son just finished PES-E "BMT" --- now is doing clerical job. Anyone know from someone experience, how is look like?
I need honest opinion and maybe a bit sensitive - please drop me private message.
How far can parents interference for these? we are the best who know our son condition .