Postby janet88 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:12 am

http://business.asiaone.com/property/ne ... -headlines

price tag so high and yet lousy quality :slapshead:

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: DBSS projects

Postby sinoboy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:46 am

But perhaps you get better quality neighbours?

sinoboy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby janet88 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:59 am

sinoboy wrote:But perhaps you get better quality neighbours?

perhaps? unfortunately the price tag of the flat is more than just neighbours...it is a place you call home but it is not sweet with so many defects.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pirate » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:09 pm

janet88 wrote:http://business.asiaone.com/property/ne ... -headlines

price tag so high and yet lousy quality :slapshead:

Now you know what buyers of private properties have to put up with. :laugh:

pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sushi88 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:13 pm

This might sound like a hindsight view but if I were acting as a middleman to come out with such a scheme, the least I would do it to set up a QC and standards team to develop a list of must-have QC criteria with milestone inspection that any developer will think twice when they do their planning for development, i.e. penalty is inevitably severe. This is especially important since we know that in reality for better profits, cheaper labour and cheaper products would be sourced even though cost of common facilities have been stripped to provide similar quality of homes built. So a watchful eye is essential for DBSS otherwise it becomes highly debatable "boarding house". Perhaps this team is already in place but the preventive execution is weak...another issue.

The last straw for me was the corridor that was 3cm short of the standard 1.2m prescribed by CD. 3cm may seem like a very small length to cut corners but standards are standards....it may just make moving of some equipment/furniture very tough on a 3cm-short corridor. :gloomy:

Recently, I drove a huge body-sized car and tested it in many car parks. To my pleasant surprise, the car just cleared marginally all the obstacles which were built based on the standards prescribed in the car park lot. I was wondering if any of the car park builders did not follow the standards and cut corners, this car could be damaged a few times. So what did car makers rely on to avoid such damages? Standards, including country-specific standards.

Now, how to rebuild a corridor? :? :slapshead:

Having quality neighbours is a good point but such glaring errors will turn quality neighbours into "monsters" too. :duck: When we short-change ourselves in terms of common space, we raise the tension between people.

sushi88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pirate » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:22 pm

sushi88 wrote:Now, how to rebuild a corridor? :? :slapshead:

Remove 1-1/2 cm of plaster/skirting on each side of the corridor walls. :duck:

The question you should be asking is: how did the developer manage to obtain TOP if the width of the common corridors do not conform to the statutory minimum?

pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Ikid » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:22 pm

sinoboy wrote:But perhaps you get better quality neighbours?

Quality neighbours? Initially yes, but due to space constraints, everyone places their shoe racks facing one another, neighbours become enemies.

Ikid
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby sushi88 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:50 pm

pirate wrote:
sushi88 wrote:Now, how to rebuild a corridor? :? :slapshead:

Remove 1-1/2 cm of plaster/skirting on each side of the corridor walls. :duck:

The question you should be asking is: how did the developer manage to obtain TOP if the width of the common corridors do not conform to the statutory minimum?

Provided they design a skirting on the walls.....

:lol: yup, I ask layman questions. Those type of questions you mentioned are asked by big bosses to their subordinates. :wink:

Btw, to me, standards is something which requires milestone check throughout the construction. At TOP, it is kinda late if the correction is major work or shared areas.

sushi88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:27 pm

Coming in to KPO..

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:28 pm

sushi88 wrote:This might sound like a hindsight view but if I were acting as a middleman to come out with such a scheme, the least I would do it to set up a QC and standards team to develop a list of must-have QC criteria with milestone inspection that any developer will think twice when they do their planning for development, i.e. penalty is inevitably severe. This is especially important since we know that in reality for better profits, cheaper labour and cheaper products would be sourced even though cost of common facilities have been stripped to provide similar quality of homes built. So a watchful eye is essential for DBSS otherwise it becomes highly debatable "boarding house". Perhaps this team is already in place but the preventive execution is weak...another issue.

The last straw for me was the corridor that was 3cm short of the standard 1.2m prescribed by CD. 3cm may seem like a very small length to cut corners but standards are standards....it may just make moving of some equipment/furniture very tough on a 3cm-short corridor. :gloomy:

Recently, I drove a huge body-sized car and tested it in many car parks. To my pleasant surprise, the car just cleared marginally all the obstacles which were built based on the standards prescribed in the car park lot. I was wondering if any of the car park builders did not follow the standards and cut corners, this car could be damaged a few times. So what did car makers rely on to avoid such damages? Standards, including country-specific standards.

Now, how to rebuild a corridor? :? :slapshead:

Having quality neighbours is a good point but such glaring errors will turn quality neighbours into "monsters" too. :duck: When we short-change ourselves in terms of common space, we raise the tension between people.

Car will damage one time lah....unless tge driver really goondu! :duck:

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time