The Stressed Parents

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:18

Re: The Stressed Parents

Post by MyPillow » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:12 am

janet88 wrote:This forum is super informative.
Parents are ON because they hope and want their kids to be in the loop.
But it's true that when there is too much info sometimes, it can be more stressful. So i avoid certain threads.
SAHM can date your sista/ hub to drink tea/nice buffet in hotel to makan, chit chat, discuss ;go movie, go JB eat seafood (i din try this before ;p)

at the moment, i think nice food can really calm me down ..so i live to eat in a way .... heeeee....

My very stressed period was biz trips, i dun like to stay in lonely,huge hotel room ; sit alone in the plane - so i quit although travelling was only twice a yr . My hub chg out of his frequent travelling job too as we feel the nature of such jobs disrupt our family life with my very young son then. So now we try to appreciate our current jobs n remind ourselves dun complain too much , no perfect job out there :razz:

sinoboy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:18

Post by sinoboy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:15 am

Leanne wrote:Window shopping to destress
If you window shop in branded boutiques like Lui Wee Tong, be sure to dress well. If not sales staff and other shoppers will stare until you stressed out. :scared:

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:134

Post by janet88 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:15 am

Term 3 should not be so stressful...no major exam. But still have to make sure don't fail tests :nailbite: have to look at the revision schedule again for daughter. Make sure she hasn't forgotten her lower block for science.

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:30

Post by TheAnswer » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:42 am

Eating fried Kuay tiao can help me destress.. Eating now.. Need to chiong with my work later..

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by TheAnswer » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:46 am

Dun bother about the staff from designer boutiques la.. One day they treat me like queen the other day like shit.. All cos of how I dress.. My hubby always say.. Take out your ATAS credit card and see if they rush over to serve u.. These sales assistants assess their customers too.. Surely they can differentiate one card from another.. In short.. Dun bother about the sales assistants.. Stare all they want.. We can't be facing stress cos of them.. We have better things to do..

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by TheAnswer » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:48 am

Shopping is meant to be relaxing not stressful..

Leanne
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Post by Leanne » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:50 am

sinoboy wrote:
Leanne wrote:Window shopping to destress
If you window shop in branded boutiques like Lui Wee Tong, be sure to dress well. If not sales staff and other shoppers will stare until you stressed out. :scared:
Hmmmm....I will usually stare back.. :smile:if they do stare at me.So far so good, experience has been ok.
Last edited by Leanne on Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:56 am

Cantonese have this proverb...people are first judged from their dressing than gain respect from there. I wear presentable clothes before I walk into boutiques...no need to be branded.
Shopping is the best way to relieve stress if I have the money.
Otherwise I might as well stay at home. See no buy...what for?

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:208

Post by slmkhoo » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:23 am

TheAnswer wrote:Shopping is meant to be relaxing not stressful..
Depends on the person, I guess. I don't find shopping, or window shopping, relaxing at all! I tend to shop only when I need something, and try to look, get it and get out asap. I don't care if salesgirls think I can or can't afford the stuff - it's the looking and selecting that I find bothersome, and the crwods, of course. So my relaxation is reading and surfing, accompanied by a cup of tea!

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:39 am

Yesterday, hubby and I went to junction 8...it's been a while since we last went there and there are new shops. I have already planned what to get. So errands done :rahrah: Will find time to go there next week when daughter has supplementary lessons.

Ate old Chang kee curry puff and shared medium yami yoghurt.