Me vs My Kids

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Me vs My Kids

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:20 pm

Have you parents ever wondered if your kids are really your kids? Or perhaps there was an unfortunate swap at the hospital where you ended up getting someone elses' kids?

There are so many exasperating things that my kids do that I couldn't understand how they can be my kids... :frustrated:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Re: Me vs My Kids

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:23 pm

Exhibit A:

My kids' toothpaste

My toothpaste

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby janet88 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:28 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:Have you parents ever wondered if your kids are really your kids? Or perhaps there was an unfortunate swap at the hospital where you ended up getting someone elses' kids?

There are so many exasperating things that my kids do that I couldn't understand how they can be my kids... :frustrated:

I know what you mean. I am a sucker for tidiness but kids throw their things all over the house once they return from school.

i'm so tired of asking them to clear up, but still have to do so. it's not embarrassing for them, but it is very embarrassing for me, the SAHM.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby myWQ » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:40 pm

I hear you. During some of the kid's terrorising moments, we will look at each other and wonder aloud if we brought the right baby back from the hospital :lol:

myWQ
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jedamum » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:44 pm

Chief,
Maybe your wife is the messy one :evil: :siam:

None of my kids takes after the dad's neatness.....because what they see on a more frequent basis, is their mum's messiness! :yikes:

And ...some people do change with age. Were you neat when you were younger ? Only after my DS2 got into unexplainable mischief did I find out that my husband went through the same phase when younger !!! I couldn't believe DS2 could be so cheeky as neither me nor DS1 went through such phase. Then the dad told me stuff he done when he was very young and very curious...... :faint:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:51 pm

jedamum wrote:Chief,
Maybe your wife is the messy one :evil: :siam:

None of my kids takes after the dad's neatness.....because what they see on a more frequent basis, is their mum's messiness! :yikes:

And ...some people do change with age. Were you neat when you were younger ? Only after my DS2 got into unexplainable mischief did I find out that my husband went through the same phase when younger !!! I couldn't believe DS2 could be so cheeky as neither me nor DS1 went through such phase. Then the dad told me stuff he done when he was very young and very curious...... :faint:

:rotflmao: you hit the nail right on the head again, jedamum.

And yes, I was the neat one from young. Cannot study with messy tables at all. All my books neatly placed in my school bag in order of size. No tearing of pages from exercise books. Newspapers always folded neatly during and after reading... money always neatly sorted in my wallet according to denomination and also orientation... hmm... maybe I'm the one with the obsessive and compulsive behavior problem here... :wink:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby janet88 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:55 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
money always neatly sorted in my wallet according to denomination and also orientation... hmm... maybe I'm the one with the obsessive and compulsive behavior problem here... :wink:

same behaviour here. one thing to add - I don't like my kids to play with my mobile phone because of the finger prints...yes, notes must be sorted according to denomination. I think I inherited this from my father. I look after my belongings unlike my brother. mum is not untidy but she is not so fussy.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:56 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:Have you parents ever wondered if your kids are really your kids? Or perhaps there was an unfortunate swap at the hospital where you ended up getting someone elses' kids?

Yes, for about two to three years since my child was born, I had always been wondering if he's indeed my son. The doubt was especially strong during the first few days after delivery. The nurse brought him to me, I looked at him and within me, I heard myself asking,"this is my son meh?!" A bit extreme but I told myself that I would love this child like my own, I may wonder if he's really mine all my life but he will always be my first born.

Not that he's ugly. Just....Thats the fellow growing inside me? :? but my hubby said he had my fil's eyes... Oh well.

As he grew up, strangers, friends, family... Anyone who has seen us together, all said," oh he looks so like you!" so no doubt, he's my son and I no lnger doubt. Besides, he loves all the food I love and could tell if I am happy or sad. How could anyone be more my son than him?

I have this assertiveness in me that I can't find in my son. So, yup, i :frustrated: too when I couldn't understand how he, being my kid, can be like that. Then again, the gentleness and e gentlemanly mannerism set him apart from most boys and make him the hot fav among girls, 8 months to 88 years old. :shrug:

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

2 people like this post

Postby rains » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:43 am

What a cute thread!

I had no doubt that both were my babies when my gaze first fell on them.

The first one was a pretty baby. Of course lah. Must be my baby. Look like me mah. It is when she becomes a teenager that I start to wonder whether she's really mine.

The second one was not a pretty baby. For sure she was mine too bcos she looked exactly like the father. I have no doubt she is mine right now but perhaps the same doubt would set in when she turns 13.

rains
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Busymom » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:44 am

I wonder all the time! :frustrated:

Busymom
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Recess Time